Hobby Lobby issuing verbal notices

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 2

Hobby Lobby issuing verbal notices

Post by gtolbert09 »

Looks like Hobby Lobby is issuing verbal notices. I rec’d an email from Texas3006.com that some body received verbal notice from the Allen Texas Hobby Lobby.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

C-dub

Re: Hobby Lobby issuing verbal notices

Post by C-dub »

Verbal/oral notice for what? OC or CC or did they say?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

Verbal to another is has no impact on me. Could just be a employee reporting it.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

C-dub wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm Verbal/oral notice for what? OC or CC or did they say?
Both
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

It was a good run folks. Shame to see we're on the downhill side.
Psalm 91:2

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

SQLGeek wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:52 pm It was a good run folks. Shame to see we're on the downhill side.
Because we've allowed a large portion of the public to conclude: 'Guns are scary'.

As irrational as it is to think that law abiding, responsible citizens (armed) are somehow a threat...that's where we are folks.

The public doesn't know who we are (just ordinary citizens going about our business each day) because we hide our weapons.

So quite naturally the carrying of a weapon for self defense NEVER gets 'normalized'.

The guy with a ring in his nose, pierced ears and a big, honking tattoo of Satan on his neck..doesn't get a second look these days. We've all seen it a hundred times and the shock factor has long ago worn off. But let Mr./Mrs. average citizen open carry into Walmart anymore and someone is going to pee their pants. Sheeesh....!

When the gun toting public isn't willing to stand up and fight for what they believe in, call out the nonsense, then we get exactly what we deserve.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

gtolbert09 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:51 pm
C-dub wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:49 pm Verbal/oral notice for what? OC or CC or did they say?
Both
?? They notify everyone that walks in? Concealed or otherwise?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Maybe these incidents will prompt our state legislature to deal with enumerated rights in public places differently?

If they can pass laws requiring handicap accommodations on "private businesses", then using "private property rights" as an excuse for failing to require businesses open to the public to honor an enumerated right is total cow patties.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The guy who made the entry on Texas 30.06 commented below the entry. It sounds as if he actually received neither a oral notification of open nor concealed carry, as he said both the store manager and regional manager said they were “more comfortable “ with concealed carry. He also stated they said open carry is NOT prohibited in the store.
So I’m not really sure why he posted that he received verbal notification of .06 and .07 if he actually didn’t. :banghead:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 am The guy who made the entry on Texas 30.06 commented below the entry. It sounds as if he actually received neither a oral notification of open nor concealed carry, as he said both the store manager and regional manager said they were “more comfortable “ with concealed carry. He also stated they said open carry is NOT prohibited in the store.
So I’m not really sure why he posted that he received verbal notification of .06 and .07 if he actually didn’t. :banghead:

Maybe for dramatic affect. Online posting is a great place for a drama queen to get attention.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:48 am
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:40 am So I’m not really sure why he posted that he received verbal notification of .06 and .07 if he actually didn’t. :banghead:
Maybe for dramatic affect. Online posting is a great place for a drama queen to get attention.

This would be the first time I've ever heard of drama queens seeking attention on the Internet. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

And of course we should always believe everything we read on the internet.
22 Tolerance.png

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Tex1961 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:26 am And of course we should always believe everything we read on the internet.

22 Tolerance.png
Bonjour!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

striker55

Post by striker55 »

I say go concealed, no signage no worries. Now if stores want to put metal detectors that would be the end of shopping in stores.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”