Shoot Point Blank, Humble, Texas, Now open!

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gordyt
Posts in topic: 1

Shoot Point Blank, Humble, Texas, Now open!

Post by gordyt »

Just got back from the new Shoot Point Blank in Humble. They just opened yesterday. Great facilities and nice folks working there. They have membership discounts for vets, so I signed up for a Defender Elite membership.

It's nice having another place to shoot that is close to home!

montgomery
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shoot Point Blank, Humble, Texas, Now open!

Post by montgomery »

I am from north Montgomery County. I liked the Cypress store so much that I ended up taking a firearms instructor position. Knowing I am training a nice community at a range with top tier professionals in a state of the art clean range is worth the hour plus drive each way.

Welcome to the membership family!!

:txflag:

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

:iagree:
Great to see a couple of ranges in town that actually cater to the customer!

I joined the Cypress (Hwy290/FM1960) location as soon as it opened and haven't gone anywhere else since.

Max
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I was recently hired by Shoot Point Blank in North Richland Hills. My employment lasted 45 minutes on the first day. I was told that my beard had to go ... 1/2” maximum length allowable. The manager and I both smiled, shook hands, and parted ways with no hard feelings.

Not 1/2”
Not 1/2”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 pm I was recently hired by Shoot Point Blank in North Richland Hills. My employment lasted 45 minutes on the first day. I was told that my beard had to go ... 1/2” maximum length allowable. The manager and I both smiled, shook hands, and parted ways with no hard feelings.
What, they didn’t notice till you showed up for work? Was the interviewer blind? :headscratch
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Very nice facilities and amenities.

Though my interest in working as an instructor for them ended at the mention of counter hours and exclusivity. I teach classes all over using whatever range is closest. So far this month I've done qual shoots at Shiloh, Full Armor, Saddle River, and out in the boonies.

That said, new, clean ranges are good for the area.

:txflag:
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 pm I was recently hired by Shoot Point Blank in North Richland Hills. My employment lasted 45 minutes on the first day. I was told that my beard had to go ... 1/2” maximum length allowable. The manager and I both smiled, shook hands, and parted ways with no hard feelings.

6CD035E3-FA48-4989-97EF-A5EFB27F222D.jpeg

What no high capacity beards??
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OneGun wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:55 pm

6CD035E3-FA48-4989-97EF-A5EFB27F222D.jpeg
Apparently not. :mrgreen:
sjfcontrol wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:09 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: I was recently hired by Shoot Point Blank in North Richland Hills. My employment lasted 45 minutes on the first day. I was told that my beard had to go ... 1/2” maximum length allowable. The manager and I both smiled, shook hands, and parted ways with no hard feelings.
What, they didn’t notice till you showed up for work? Was the interviewer blind? :headscratch
I’m sure she did notice it. I received an email from the company's owner with the job offer after the initial interview. My beard wasn’t mentioned in the interview, but the job offer email did mention beards in their grooming standards. I decided to accept the offer and see where it led, hoping that they’d let it slide. They didn’t. No harm no foul. I don’t like that part of their grooming standards, but the rest of it was fine, and it’s their business, their rules. So no hard feelings on my part. I’ve just had this beard for so long that’s it’s a part of me....part of who I am....and I didn’t want to cut it off for a low-paying part time job.

I’ll still patronize the business.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

OneGun wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:55 pm
Beg your pardon. I believe you mean "standard capacity beards." :cool:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

Humble Texas, that's the town they named after me!!!
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Instructor positions available at the Shoot Point Blank Cypress location - certified LTC preferred. Private message me for details. If you are looking for an evenings / weekends instructor gig, this may be a good fit for you.

Return to “Shooting Ranges”