"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Alex0219
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Alex0219 »

Hill wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:15 am :hurry: :thewave :txflag: :fire :woohoo finally got it
8 business days from fingerprints to LTC in hand
Hill wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:49 am :???:
Alex0219 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 am
Hill wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:28 am Not yet, but maybe today is the day. If not I am probably going to have to buy a new mailbox because I am wearing the door out.
I feel that brotha, I’m waiting as well. I’m hoping i get it sometime next week! Or maybe today or tomorrow, i hope the same for you as well!
The race is on!!! :lol::

Ahhh you beat me!! _______ man, happy for you! I’m still waiting so I’m hoping it’ll be here very very soon

ManImCool
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ManImCool »

Am I in the clear?

When I applied, I was stuck at the background check (3 yellow: fingerprints, background check, and "print pending completion of background check") for months.

I finally received a letter saying they needed more time (likely due to being from out of state and having a very old record there) and that they were adding on another 180 days to continue their review. Disappointed and busy with life, I kind of forgot about checking the status daily like I used to.

Today, I checked the status for the first time this year, and here's the thing: if I enter my old state's driver license, it STILL shows 3 yellow and is unchanged. But if I instead type in my more recent Texas DL (and I never used to do this because the original app was under the old state ID), to my surprise it's all green except for the one bottom yellow "LTC: Print Pending"

Is my wait finally over and am I in the clear? I do think it's weird that although I only submitted one application, I can find the app online with 2 different state IDs and they have different statuses vs each other.

TexasRedhead
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasRedhead »

Good afternoon!

I'm a new user, a new gun owner, and I've been waiting on my license to carry for almost 60 days. Is this wait time normal?

Thanks so much!

av8or
Posts in topic: 3

Post by av8or »

Hey everyone!

New User, just wanting to post my waiting times to add to the data.

9/14 - Class/Shoot Prof.
9/19 - Identigo Fingerprints taken
9/20 - Submitted TX app with Documents
9/20 - Confirmation email documents received................

9/30 - status website not updated yet, still shows generic "Choose Service: if you have pending app please allow time, ect, ect".

I'm getting a little anxious since it appears most have had their status page showing green/yellows within 5-7 calendar days, and I'm going on 11. Will probably call tomorrow if no update and ask if they are needing something more, knowing full well I won't get anywhere, but maybe just to hear them confirm they can see my app.

Well keep this timeline updated. I've read thru most recent posts, but looks like new timelines activity slowed down since July, so I'm hoping that also reflects in the number of state apps also.

av8or

Post by av8or »

TexasRedhead wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:09 pm Good afternoon!

I'm a new user, a new gun owner, and I've been waiting on my license to carry for almost 60 days. Is this wait time normal?

Thanks so much!
Hey TexasRedhead, how long before your status page updated with actual line items?

av8or

Post by av8or »

ManImCool wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:23 pm
Is my wait finally over and am I in the clear? I do think it's weird that although I only submitted one application, I can find the app online with 2 different state IDs and they have different statuses vs each other.
Did you receive your plastic yet? I have a similar/weird situation. We were full time RV'ers for about 3 years, which was the first 3 years of my 5 year history. So we used a South Dakota mailing address service for RV's for the first year, then we decided to use my parents address here in TX, but at some point switched back to the mailing service. After the 3 years of being on the road, we settled back down here in TX, but leased 2 different houses while waiting for our house to be built........ I'll say this, when filling out my address history on the LTC app I was sweating like I was being interrogated by the CIA, IRS, and FBI all holding witness statements from my college years . :cry: "rlol"

So I'm afraid mine will take them 2 years to approve.

16Adams
Posts in topic: 28

Post by 16Adams »

First renewal. Received mail notification with online instructions. Same day as recieved went online and completed renewal

September 20 received notification, completed renewal online

October 3 shows all green printed mailed.

16Adams
Posts in topic: 28

Post by 16Adams »

16Adams wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:03 am First renewal. Received mail notification with online instructions. Same day as recieved went online and completed renewal

Timelinr

September 20 received notification, completed renewal online

October 3 shows all green printed mailed.

anhtuan9622

Post by anhtuan9622 »

Hill wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:54 pm How long is the wait after “mailed”?

6 business days and waiting.
I'm waiting for 10 business days since "Mailed". Does anyone have a longer mailing time than me? I live in the DFW area.

Gearysa

Post by Gearysa »

Sure wish I would have found this forum before I applied.....

Application 8-25
Fingerprints 9-6
Online Class 9-14
Shooting Prof. 9-21
Uploaded LTC-101 9-22
Confirmation Email from DPS 9-23
Online Status Updated 10-3

I have a Class A misdemeanor satisfied in 2007 but I figure I’ll be ok since I was granted the hazmat endorsement for my cdl, worked at the San Antonio airport and now a local school district. Just wish I had known to send in the court papers I have had for 10 years.....

jairwolf2000

Post by jairwolf2000 »

I did my application mid August and fingerprinting but didn't get my course done till Sept 14th. I uploaded the course completion certificate on Sept 16th. I got an email saying it was received. I checked the status for the next two weeks and it showed nothing. I checked twice a day every weekday.
On October 2 I checked it in the morning and now a bunch of status boxes showed up with green boxes on everything except the last two which said Background Check in Review in yellow and print pending after application review also in yellow. On October 3 in the morning the background check showed green and complete and now it just says Print Pending in yellow. I will post when I actually receive it.

stevejice

Post by stevejice »

I wanted to add to the data

Applied 7/15
Fingerprinted 8/22
Class 8/24
Docs submitted 8/25
Confirmation email 8/27
Status appeared 9/10 with Fingerprint, Background, Print in yellow
All green with exception of waiting to print 10/15

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Mailed requested information 9/26/19 for renewal. Plastic in hand 10/15/19.

Bill_thekillerpug
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bill_thekillerpug »

I did the app at the end of September, did the course and finger prints as well as submitted all the required documents by October 9. Austin started the review on October 15. Everything is green but the finger prints and background check as of November 2. I'm hoping it doesn't take much longer, maybe before Thanksgiving?

GalvestonSheepdog

Post by GalvestonSheepdog »

I received the confirmation email on Oct 9th, fingerprint and background check have been yellow ever since...I’m assuming emailing for calling DPS is going to be pointless unless I’m closer to the 60 day mark?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”