KS:finger gun gesture gets felony arrest for 13 yo girl in jr. high

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

KS:finger gun gesture gets felony arrest for 13 yo girl in jr. high

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/felony-charge-gi ... 16726.html

Threatening mass shooting was the charge.

Sounds like she was not an ideal student as well.

Its where we are today.

n5wmk

Re: KS:finger gun gesture gets felony arrest for 13 yo girl in jr. high

Post by n5wmk »

philip964 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 amIts where we are today.
Sadly, you're very correct.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

A couple things struck me. The first was her having a conversation about killing five students. The one that lead up to her pointing the shooting sign at five people. The title of this thread is extremely misleading as is the title of the news story. Obviously they are trying to make the poor little black girl the victim. She was not charged with a felony threat for just randomly doing a shooting sign. She did it while saying those were who she would kill. Huge difference between the random kid playing shoot em up and a girl with a violent history saying she is gonna shoot those people. Next thing to hit me was how violent she was during her arrest. Obviously a child who has been allowed to bully her way around long enough that she has zero respect for authority or civilized behavior. Hopefully they can get her the help she needs because that little monster is just looking to make her mark.
The girl, who attended Westridge Middle School in Overland Park, Kansas, made the gesture at four of her peers and then toward herself on Sept. 18, after being asked which five people she would kill in her class

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The school to prison pipeline us backward integrating into middle schools...
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Txtension

Post by Txtension »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 pm A couple things struck me. The first was her having a conversation about killing five students. The one that lead up to her pointing the shooting sign at five people. The title of this thread is extremely misleading as is the title of the news story. Obviously they are trying to make the poor little black girl the victim. She was not charged with a felony threat for just randomly doing a shooting sign. She did it while saying those were who she would kill. Huge difference between the random kid playing shoot em up and a girl with a violent history saying she is gonna shoot those people. Next thing to hit me was how violent she was during her arrest. Obviously a child who has been allowed to bully her way around long enough that she has zero respect for authority or civilized behavior. Hopefully they can get her the help she needs because that little monster is just looking to make her mark.
The girl, who attended Westridge Middle School in Overland Park, Kansas, made the gesture at four of her peers and then toward herself on Sept. 18, after being asked which five people she would kill in her class

To me it sounds like the; "kill", "make love to", "marry" game, played back in high school. Where one person would present 3 "bad" choices to the other. Like Hitler, Mao-Tse Dong, and Stalin. Alternatively one could be presented with "good" choices. Laughs usually ensue

03Lightningrocks

Txtension wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:04 pm A couple things struck me. The first was her having a conversation about killing five students. The one that lead up to her pointing the shooting sign at five people. The title of this thread is extremely misleading as is the title of the news story. Obviously they are trying to make the poor little black girl the victim. She was not charged with a felony threat for just randomly doing a shooting sign. She did it while saying those were who she would kill. Huge difference between the random kid playing shoot em up and a girl with a violent history saying she is gonna shoot those people. Next thing to hit me was how violent she was during her arrest. Obviously a child who has been allowed to bully her way around long enough that she has zero respect for authority or civilized behavior. Hopefully they can get her the help she needs because that little monster is just looking to make her mark.

To me it sounds like the; "kill", "make love to", "marry" game, played back in high school. Where one person would present 3 "bad" choices to the other. Like Hitler, Mao-Tse Dong, and Stalin. Alternatively one could be presented with "good" choices. Laughs usually ensue
I never heard of that game but this girl has a history of "bullying" the other students. I doubt it was a game. More likely a continuation of her past behavior.
Donchez told USA TODAY that there were previous encounters involving the student that resulted in classmates being "fearful" of her. That investigation resulted in the arrest of the student, where she was transported to juvenile detention.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:41 am
Txtension wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 am To me it sounds like the; "kill", "make love to", "marry" game, played back in high school.
I never heard of that game
I’ve heard of the “who would you marry” game, but not the others and not in high school. Pretty much once puberty started and hormones kicked in, it stopped being a game. At least where I grew up.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I didn't realize that threatening to kill someone was a felony. Seems a bit extreme to me, but then again, I err on the side of free speech versus hurt feelings.

Was Madonna arrested when she threatened to burn down the White House after Trump was elected? It sounds like she definitely committed a felony there.

Dave2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave2 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:17 pm I didn't realize that threatening to kill someone was a felony. Seems a bit extreme to me, but then again, I err on the side of free speech versus hurt feelings.

Was Madonna arrested when she threatened to burn down the White House after Trump was elected? It sounds like she definitely committed a felony there.
I believe the feds talked to both her and one of the other people there. Not the same as being arrested, but maybe the laws are different.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

03Lightningrocks

Dave2 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:59 pm
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:17 pm I didn't realize that threatening to kill someone was a felony. Seems a bit extreme to me, but then again, I err on the side of free speech versus hurt feelings.

I believe the feds talked to both her and one of the other people there. Not the same as being arrested, but maybe the laws are different.
A court can impose several possible penalties on someone who was convicted of making criminal threats. Depending on the state, a criminal threat can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony offense. ... Anyone convicted of making a criminal threat faces a substantial time in jail or prison.
I bet the kid who shot the students at Florida was just exercising his free speech too when he made several threats. :tiphat:

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Needs to have her out of control butt dragged in for a mental evaluation.

Any 'normal' student these days...knows better than that.

And then the Mother thinks that a "Mental Health person, Herself, Crisis, or a Female Officer should have been called in to 'deescalate' the situation."

Sorry, honey....your out of control daughter was 'resisting' an arrest. The officers did NOT use excessive force...but neither should anyone think that if you resist....you will be handled with kid gloves. Though I doubt the suspect or her mother learned anything from this.
Last edited by flintknapper on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

flintknapper wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:15 pm Needs to have her out of control butt dragged in for a mental evaluation.

Any 'normal' student these days...knows better than that.
And we have a winner! :thumbs2:
and the second question might be, why wasn't the above done a long time ago?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “The Crime Blotter”