Rep Elijah Cummings dead

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Rep Elijah Cummings dead

Post by C-dub »

I saw an alert for this an hour or two ago. At first I didn't believe it and thought it was satire or something.

Wow! I didn't know he was having health issues.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Well,,,bye!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by NotRPB »

C-dub wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:28 am I saw an alert for this an hour or two ago. At first I didn't believe it and thought it was satire or something.

Wow! I didn't know he was having health issues.
yeah he stopped his 2018 run for governor due to an infection the hospital drained from his knee, and he had heart problems.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'm sure he was a nice person and will be missed by his family and friends.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Trey Gowdy posted the following on facebook;
Elijah Cummings was one of the most powerful, beautiful & compelling voices in American politics. The power and the beauty came from his authenticity, his conviction, the sincerity with which he held his beliefs. We rarely agreed on political matters. We never had a cross word outside of a committee room. He had a unique ability to separate the personal from the work. The story of Elijah's life would benefit everyone, regardless of political ideation. The obstacles, barriers, and roadblocks he overcame, the external and sometimes internal doubt that whispered in the ear of a young Elijah Cummings. He beat it all. He beat the odds. He beat the low expectations of that former school employee who told Elijah to abandon the dream of being a lawyer, that he would never become a lawyer, to settle for a job with his hands and not his mind. Elijah loved telling that story because that school employee wound up being Elijah's first client as a lawyer. We live in an age where we see people on television a couple of times and we think we know them and what they are about. It is true Elijah was a proud progressive with a booming, melodious voice who found himself in the middle of most major political stories over the past decade. It is inescapable that be part of his legacy. But his legacy also includes the path he took to become one of the most powerful political figures of his time. It is a path filled with pain, prejudice, obstacles and doubt that he refused to let stop him. His legacy is perseverance. His legacy is fighting through the pain. His legacy is making sure there were fewer obstacles for the next Elijah Cummings. His legacy to me, above all else, was his faith. A faith in God that is being rewarded today with no more fights, no more battles, and no more pain.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am Trey Gowdy posted the following on facebook;
Elijah Cummings was one of the most powerful, beautiful & compelling voices in American politics. The power and the beauty came from his authenticity, his conviction, the sincerity with which he held his beliefs. We rarely agreed on political matters. We never had a cross word outside of a committee room. He had a unique ability to separate the personal from the work. The story of Elijah's life would benefit everyone, regardless of political ideation. The obstacles, barriers, and roadblocks he overcame, the external and sometimes internal doubt that whispered in the ear of a young Elijah Cummings. He beat it all. He beat the odds. He beat the low expectations of that former school employee who told Elijah to abandon the dream of being a lawyer, that he would never become a lawyer, to settle for a job with his hands and not his mind. Elijah loved telling that story because that school employee wound up being Elijah's first client as a lawyer. We live in an age where we see people on television a couple of times and we think we know them and what they are about. It is true Elijah was a proud progressive with a booming, melodious voice who found himself in the middle of most major political stories over the past decade. It is inescapable that be part of his legacy. But his legacy also includes the path he took to become one of the most powerful political figures of his time. It is a path filled with pain, prejudice, obstacles and doubt that he refused to let stop him. His legacy is perseverance. His legacy is fighting through the pain. His legacy is making sure there were fewer obstacles for the next Elijah Cummings. His legacy to me, above all else, was his faith. A faith in God that is being rewarded today with no more fights, no more battles, and no more pain.
Beautiful. A very powerful reminder that there people we disagree with are still people made in the image of God, with souls that will never die.

As much as I disagreed with many of his positions, I'm sad that Representative Cummings has passed away and I hope that he is now finding peace in eternity.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:52 am Well,,,bye!
:iagree:
Govt money flowing into his congressional district to provide improvement in infrastructure and clean up, Where did that go?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Papa_Tiger wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:37 am
Flightmare wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:59 am Trey Gowdy posted the following on facebook;
Beautiful. A very powerful reminder that there people we disagree with are still people made in the image of God, with souls that will never die.

As much as I disagreed with many of his positions, I'm sad that Representative Cummings has passed away and I hope that he is now finding peace in eternity.
Well stated. Amen.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Cummings was a fanatical supporter of governmental support of killing babies and using the power of the government to ensure that the killing of babies continues. Gowdy's comments are seriously misguided. Cumming's character in public says all you need to know about him. Little babies are suffering right now because of people such as Cummings.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-vot ... aiM8C3Mw1I
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Am I supposed to muster up sympathy? Hard to do that for someone who spent so much effort to ruin this nation.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I understand that he is initiating a proceeding to impeach Trump when he arrives at the Pearly Gate.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I know where that's from.

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964

Post by philip964 »

68 years old.

He didn't have anything on Hillary?

Trump curse?

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:35 pm
I know where that's from.

I was lazy. Not enough coffee yet. Didn't want to hunt down the gif.

I love that movie.

Return to “Off-Topic”