TX:The mean streets of Houston - random mom murdered in front of kids

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 6

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Is there a mean streets of Dallas thread? If not, there should be. It's insane here, too.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 562

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... restaurant

5 Guys hamburgers being robbed, robbing customers individually in the restaurant. Deputy working security at the shopping center notices as he drives by. Gets out and is shot by robber inside the store through the glass. Wounded.

Suspect caught.

Commenters suspect 50 dollars will be the bond amount.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 93

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... restaurant

5 Guys hamburgers being robbed, robbing customers individually in the restaurant. Deputy working security at the shopping center notices as he drives by. Gets out and is shot by robber inside the store through the glass. Wounded.

Suspect caught.

Commenters suspect 50 dollars will be the bond amount.
Please take notice of the lack of a soul in this animals eyes. He has zero compassion for anyone but himself. There is never going to be any redemption for him. They need to lock him up and never let him out of his cage.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 33c4dee54f

Australia learns of the shooting death of an Australian father during a nighttime home invasion in Katy, Texas.

RIP young father of two.

Two cars in the driveway showing people were home.
Everyone was asleep, father awakes to breaking glass, goes to investigate and is shot and killed. Criminals take nothing and leave.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... on-robbery

Armored truck guard shot and killed making a pick up at a Popeyes. Three men armed with pistols and a rifle shot the guard as he was returning to the truck with the cash.

More situational awareness might have helped, but they could have taken him out with the rifle from cover.

RIP

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/polic ... and-killed

Wrecker driver took photos of suspects before he was murdered.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

Teen in critical condition after being shot while pumping gas.

03Lightningrocks

Good Night Nurse! Why do any of you Houston folks want to live there? The amount of crime posts by phillip964 is just a part of the crime there. Houston is definitely one tough city!

Liberty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Liberty »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 pm Good Night Nurse! Why do any of you Houston folks want to live there? The amount of crime posts by phillip964 is just a part of the crime there. Houston is definitely one tough city!
I think they get used to it. I try to avoid going into areas where the convenience stores have metal bars over the windows and the clerks are hiding behind protective glass shields. The thing I hate most about Houston though is the money grabbers. They have become very anti automobile. They charge tolls to drive, and charge to park. I used to like going to watch the Astros, but they charge more to park than the costs of the ticket.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks

Liberty wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:54 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:20 pm Good Night Nurse! Why do any of you Houston folks want to live there? The amount of crime posts by phillip964 is just a part of the crime there. Houston is definitely one tough city!
I think they get used to it. I try to avoid going into areas where the convenience stores have metal bars over the windows and the clerks are hiding behind protective glass shields. The thing I hate most about Houston though is the money grabbers. They have become very anti automobile. They charge tolls to drive, and charge to park. I used to like going to watch the Astros, but they charge more to park than the costs of the ticket.
We lived in Pasadena for five years when I was a kid. I never noticed it being rough when I was young. 1970-1975. Then I went back to show my son where I lived when he enrolled in UH. I was afraid to get out of my car. I went into a convenience store and saw the clerk was behind a 4" thick slab of Plexiglas with a hole to shove money through. That was 1999 and it has only gotten worse since then.

striker55
Posts in topic: 19

Post by striker55 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:09 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

Less than a 1/2 mile from my house, another reason I don't leave my house without my protection. This happened less than 1/2 mile from where a woman was killed riding in her husband's car on Old Greenhouse Rd. I'm so ready to move but wife loves her house.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

striker55 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:03 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:09 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... puties-say

Less than a 1/2 mile from my house, another reason I don't leave my house without my protection. This happened less than 1/2 mile from where a woman was killed riding in her husband's car on Old Greenhouse Rd. I'm so ready to move but wife loves her house.
The teen has died from his wounds.

Suburbs used to be safe, not apparently any more. These last two murders were in Katy.

03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:14 am
striker55 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:03 am

The teen has died from his wounds.

Suburbs used to be safe, not apparently any more. These last two murders were in Katy.
My son, his wife and my grandson live in Pearland, just outside of Houston. He acts like he feels safe out there but I worry about them all the time. Plus, they both drive into Houston for work so they are still exposed to the very real dangers of the area.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Houston is the nation's 3rd or 4th largest metro city. I thought hard about buying a gun back about 20 years ago when these things called "home invasions" started in Houston. One of these days I'll get around to getting my first pistol or rifle, but not one of those scary black ones. Maybe a shotgun because that's what Biden recommends. But not a black shotgun. One with wood that breaks open.

Anyway, back to my story, sorry for getting off course there, things in Houston seem much worse than when I was younger. The quickness that people begin shooting is astonishing.

I don't understand the willingness to kill over being honked at or being dissed. Throwing your life as well as your victims life away for nothing.

This city like any other has good and bad neighborhoods. You learn where you can go and where it is not safe at night. That is changing. more crime is moving to the suburbs. Places like Katy and Sugarland, you never used to here in the news. Bad things are happening in cute little neighborhoods with new brick homes, sidewalks and tree lined streets. But most crime still happens in sketchy apartment complexes in Sharpstown, the near Northeast Southeast and Gunspoint. The armed security guard business is booming. It just pushes the crime to places that then don't have armed security.

There is a big elephant in the room, no one talks about not even me, but its there. I don't know why, but it's there and it just gets worse. All you have to do is look at the statistics in Houston or nationwide. A shame.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”