It's Halloween - How many will be armed

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

It's Halloween - How many will be armed

Post by Tex1961 »

Ok, so I know there are several if not most who always answer the door with their pistol safely tucked away.... Do you do anything different tonight...

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Re: It's Halloween - How many will be armed

Post by Flightmare »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm Ok, so I know there are several if not most who always answer the door with their pistol safely tucked away.... Do you do anything different tonight...
I hand out candy...But I have the ultimate costume to trigger those on the left. I will be wearing my "Proud Deplorable" T-shirt with my red MAGA hat. Let the snowflakes melt!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lena

Post by Lena »

We rarely even get 1 come by here but my K9 will be the 1st to let me know and I will be more alert than normal, when dogs go out I will go with them.
Stay Safe

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm Do you do anything different tonight...
Concertina wire around the house. :biggrinjester:

But seriously, there's been so little trick or treat traffic in our cul de sac the past few years we've been going lights out and not participating.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I have lighted outside decorations that have been up for a week or so and we will answer the door. After my situation with the dog attack on my dog a couple of weeks ago in front of my house and I didn't have my gun with me, it is never not with me now. It wont be in sight.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I'll untuck my shirt to cover my OWB holster and gun. And the dog will be closed up in the bedroom. Other than that, it will be like every other night of the year.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a worship band rehearsal this evening, and I won’t be home until around 8:30-9:00pm. TAW will be home alone until I get back, so I’ll remind her to keep her pistol handy until then. That said, we live on a very quiet street, and we didn’t have much trick or treat traffic last year.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero

Post by flechero »

Like any other night... I'll be dressed, and therefore armed.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

We decorate for it but, the only real difference between tonight & any other... we hand out candy & trinkets tonight.
Enjoy & Be Safe.

:txflag: :patriot:

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

flechero wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 pm Like any other night... I'll be dressed, and therefore armed.
Same here but must add even while in the shower I have a holster mounted and a gun of course inside of it. :cool:
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

narcissist wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:48 pm
flechero wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 pm Like any other night... I'll be dressed, and therefore armed.
Same here but must add even while in the shower I have a holster mounted and a gun of course inside of it. :cool:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

We take the kids trick or treating at the zoo, so I will be carrying like always.

Where I live, there is 0% chance of having trick or treaters.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

No trick or treaters where we live. We are going to Mass in a little while then have a warm quiet evening with no interruptions. Kids in the subdivision head to town for easier pickings.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Armed, not handing out candy, and not trick-or-treating with my daughter anymore. She's too old for DAD to come along now and has been for a couple years.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

HeathB

Post by HeathB »

My favorite is to dress as an operator with my plate carrier and my ar in a high sling while handing out candy. The best part is most people think it is fake. I'm not.going to say anything different

Return to “Off-Topic”