Where to buy bulk ammo in DFW

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

narcissist
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Where to buy bulk ammo in DFW

Post by narcissist »

Walmart :smash:
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

I used to buy bulk from TargetSportsUSA. The last year or so has been mostly from SGAmmo, whose prices are usually the best deal and arrives at my door within a day or two.

TAM’s suggestion of GrabAGun is a good one. I’ve bought some ammo there when I’ve been in to pick up a firearm purchase.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

If you’re going to buy online for home delivery, LAX Ammo is well worth a look too. For my birthday 3 weeks ago, I bought myself a 400 round ammo can of factory new .223 60 grain soft points for $159.95. You can also get 500 round cans (100 more rounds/can) of either 60 grain V-Max or 60 grain soft points for just a couple of bucks more if you buy their remanufactured ammo.

BTW, if you want to know where some of your Freedom Munitions ammo comes from...

Freedoms Munitions ammo, loaded by .... LAX Ammo
Freedoms Munitions ammo, loaded by .... LAX Ammo
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 am If you’re going to buy online for home delivery, LAX Ammo is well worth a look too. For my birthday 3 weeks ago, I bought myself a 400 round ammo can of factory new .223 60 grain soft points for $159.95. You can also get 500 round cans (100 more rounds/can) of either 60 grain V-Max or 60 grain soft points for just a couple of bucks more if you buy their remanufactured ammo.

BTW, if you want to know where some of your Freedom Munitions ammo comes from...

D34C619C-D9FA-4E8E-92D9-0C9793D9BC5A.png
Waitaminute...there's an ammo company in Kalifornia? How did this get past the infringers in Sacramento? :biggrinjester:

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Yep and they can deliver it right to your door if you don'tive there. It's ironic those California ammo laws for their residents suck.

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:51 am If you’re going to buy online for home delivery, LAX Ammo is well worth a look too. For my birthday 3 weeks ago, I bought myself a 400 round ammo can of factory new .223 60 grain soft points for $159.95. You can also get 500 round cans (100 more rounds/can) of either 60 grain V-Max or 60 grain soft points for just a couple of bucks more if you buy their remanufactured ammo.

How is there remanufactured ammo?

The Annoyed Man

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:24 pm

How is there remanufactured ammo?
Made from fired brass collected at ranges, cleaned, deprimed, and reloaded—so you’ll end up with a batch with differing headstamps. Freedom munitions does it. Stand 1 Armory did it when they were in business, etc. Basically, it’s just bulk reloads, sold commercially.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:50 pm Made from fired brass collected at ranges, cleaned, deprimed, and reloaded—so you’ll end up with a batch with differing headstamps. Freedom munitions does it. Stand 1 Armory did it when they were in business, etc. Basically, it’s just bulk reloads, sold commercially.
I guess what I'm trying to say is have you had any issues with quality?

The Annoyed Man

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:43 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:50 pm Made from fired brass collected at ranges, cleaned, deprimed, and reloaded—so you’ll end up with a batch with differing headstamps. Freedom munitions does it. Stand 1 Armory did it when they were in business, etc. Basically, it’s just bulk reloads, sold commercially.
I guess what I'm trying to say is have you had any issues with quality?
No issues. It’s just inexpensive bulk reloaded ammo with a soft point bullet. Goes bang every time and extracts cleanly. Reasonably accurate, but not match ammo. About the same general quality as M193 or M855 ball for accuracy and reliability. I buy from them because it’s hard to find affordable bulk-packaged soft point ammo. I don’t have a bias against ball ammo, but prefer to have some JSP on hand for home defense and/or hunting. Performance of light 55-60 grain JSP inside a house is even better than some handgun ammo if over-penetration is a concern.

Buying at bulk pricing means I’ll actually practice shooting the ammo I plan to use, so I know how it’ll behave in my carbine (So far, it has performed reasonably well in my other 5.56 ARs). On my next range trip, I’ll be chrono-ing the 60 grain JSP to confirm the ballistics that LAX Ammo claims, and to zero my ACOG for its use. As a retired person on a fixed income, that’s ammo that I would be more stingy about burning it up if I were buying the high-zoot stuff.

I have a supply of basically the same ammo, but with a 55 grain JSP, which I keep for use in my SBR. I feel like the slightly lighter bullet partially offsets the velocity loss to an 11.5" barrel. But I’ll be confirming that too with a chrono, when I hit the range sometime this week (probably tomorrow).

#TINVOWOOT

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

george wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:08 pm Has Cheaper Than Dirt in Fort Worth gone out of business?
No more brick & mortar. Internet only. Believe that has been for a few yrs.
:txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 am No issues. It’s just inexpensive bulk reloaded ammo with a soft point bullet. Goes bang every time and extracts cleanly. Reasonably accurate, but not match ammo. About the same general quality as M193 or M855 ball for accuracy and reliability. I buy from them because it’s hard to find affordable bulk-packaged soft point ammo. I don’t have a bias against ball ammo, but prefer to have some JSP on hand for home defense and/or hunting. Performance of light 55-60 grain JSP inside a house is even better than some handgun ammo if over-penetration is a concern.

Buying at bulk pricing means I’ll actually practice shooting the ammo I plan to use, so I know how it’ll behave in my carbine (So far, it has performed reasonably well in my other 5.56 ARs). On my next range trip, I’ll be chrono-ing the 60 grain JSP to confirm the ballistics that LAX Ammo claims, and to zero my ACOG for its use. As a retired person on a fixed income, that’s ammo that I would be more stingy about burning it up if I were buying the high-zoot stuff.

I have a supply of basically the same ammo, but with a 55 grain JSP, which I keep for use in my SBR. I feel like the slightly lighter bullet partially offsets the velocity loss to an 11.5" barrel. But I’ll be confirming that too with a chrono, when I hit the range sometime this week (probably tomorrow).
Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to compare prices but so far they are looking pretty good.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

SG Ammo or PSA.
Delivered to you door.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”