Family pets?, Micorchip please

Please help these rescued animals find a home. Some are in no-kill shelters, but many are living on borrowed time. These posts are from other organizations unrelated to the Forum, so the information cannot be verified.

Moderator: carlson1

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Family pets?, Micorchip please

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

LDP wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:24 pm Let's not forget that while the implantation of the chip is not really that expensive (and sometimes vets do it for free as part of some promotional events), it's the registration database fees that surprise most people. If you don't pay a registration fee, your dog is not inserted into the DB. And if you don't pay their annual ransom, your dog is erased from the DB.
Every single time we found a loose dog and too it to a local vet, they said "the registration came back old and outdated".

We rely on a good collar with our dog's name and our contact information.
Are you sure about this? I only registered my dog when he first got chipped. I don't remember them saying I had to pay each year. I suppose I better check on it. Thanks for the heads up.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

My wife’s dog was chipped when she got her from a shelter in SA. We have never been asked to pay to renew the registration. It has been 5 years and I know they have are contact info.

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 24

Post by E.Marquez »

LDP wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:24 pm Let's not forget that while the implantation of the chip is not really that expensive (and sometimes vets do it for free as part of some promotional events), it's the registration database fees
Only one of the microchip registration sites charge additional fees annually, and I dont know of any group, rescue, or vet clinic that uses their chips... a few chip registration sites charge an annual fee if you need to change information, so move, change phone number, ect and your last annual membership has expired you'd have to pay it again to make changes. All of the most commonly used chip registration company like Home Again or Smart Tag which is what we use, there are never any additional fees. Just the one time upfront, plus whatever the microchip implanter charges. For our group, that would be just $10 or $12 if a min chip is needed, not a penny more, lifetime registration, free update, s no charge to transfer pet ownership if it comes to that.
A little bit of due diligence and a pet owner can find out what the company will charge them down the road, but like I said most of them it’s nothing to keep the file in the database.

All of that said there is a little mark bit of marketing trickery, most all of the chip registration companies do. They will send you an email once or twice a year with something like "Your premium account" or words to that effect has expired renew HERE.

That has nothing to do with the basic chip registration profile it’s for the extras, free ID tags, free dog collar, pet insurance etc. etc. I wish they didn’t do it but I have to admit they’re in a business to make money and that’s one of the ways they make money
Last edited by E.Marquez on Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

LDP wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:42 pm
Frankly, I am not 100% I have the most up-to-date information. It is a few years old and things might have changed for the better since.
Please let me know what you find out, I am too busy (and too lazy) today to look into it.
If you message me the microchip number I’d be more than happy to tell you which company supplied it where it’s registered and what if any the fees are for different needs

If you don’t know the microchip number you can have the pet scan any vet many pet stores or groomers asked him to write the chip number down and again shoot it to me in a message and I’ll tell you everything about the chip to include weather information is up-to-date
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flintknapper »

LDP wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:24 pm Let's not forget that while the implantation of the chip is not really that expensive (and sometimes vets do it for free as part of some promotional events), it's the registration database fees that surprise most people. If you don't pay a registration fee, your dog is not inserted into the DB. And if you don't pay their annual ransom, your dog is erased from the DB.
Every single time we found a loose dog and too it to a local vet, they said "the registration came back old and outdated".

We rely on a good collar with our dog's name and our contact information.
^^^^^

Definitely not the case with the provider I am registered with. They send out some flyers once a year offering other services...but no additional
charges (annual) for registration and they have our pets information.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Yesterday, called to scan tow pets found running at large (many of the local police and others call me before they will call Animal Control).
Older pup 1 had a chip, younger pup 2 did not, neither had collars.
Ran the chip number, owner contacted, both dogs were his, he came over and picked them up..Scan to reunification about 15 min. He did not even know they were out he was still at work.. Without a chip, no telling if they would have gotten home at all. There were several miles away from home and many pet parents do not look that far away from home. Both of these pups had collars on them when the owner left the house for the day.. One was found on the property, having been chewed off. The puppy's collar was not found. Collars come off, get chewed off...Chips work

We chipped the puppy on the spot and both now have the best lost and found protection they could have. :tiphat:

Lena
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Lena »

All chipped most even have lip tattoos no other way for me and every time they can be checked I recheck the chips.
Stay Safe

03Lightningrocks

Lena wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:08 pm All chipped most even have lip tattoos no other way for me and every time they can be checked I recheck the chips.
I have Georges chipped but did not do a tattoo. I actually did not know about the tattoo option. He has gotten out a couple times over the past 6 years and both times I was called because my phone number is on his collar tag. Georges is a pretty big dog (135 pounds) but is a big baby and loves people so it was easy for people to read his collar tag.

flechero

chip replacment

Post by flechero »

One of my dog's chips has migrated to her leg and is sensitive/painful to her. I'm going to have it removed. I'm thinking they will not reuse it just due to age and 6 years worth of banging around. So its as if I was starting over- are both Home again and Smart tag one time fees only? Is one better than the other if I have the choice?

Thanks!

Lena

Post by Lena »

Mikeys tattoo is US Army applied adopted K9
Stay Safe

03Lightningrocks

Lena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:25 am Mikeys tattoo is US Army applied adopted K9
Ah... OK. Then maybe I didn't miss out on info. Thanks.

Lena

Post by Lena »

lh.jpg
ma31.jpg
Would not be without them
Stay Safe

03Lightningrocks

Lena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am lh.jpg
ma31.jpg

That is a lot of chips! :mrgreen:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Lena wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am lh.jpg
ma31.jpg

Where did you get that dog gate? That's the best-looking one I've seen. Most are plastic.

Chas.

Return to “Animal Rescue”