Home Carry?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Home carry?

Do you carry at all times at home?
43%
Do you keep it close and instead of on you?
52%
Do you put it up and grab a different HDgun?
5%

Total votes: 81

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Home Carry?

Post by cmgee67 »

In recent light of many Home invasions while people are home, I’ve decided home Carry is important. I thought this poll would be fun to discus. If you never know when you will need it while out and about, doesn’t that carry over to home life as well?

Jago668

Re: Home Carry?

Post by Jago668 »

I keep my normal carry strapped to me. Two exceptions, shower, and sleeping in which case it's nearby.
NRA Benefactor Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:

"rlol"

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

I have three within 20 feet, since we have no children in our house they are not hidden. Loaded ready to rock and roll. Now if I step out of my house, even for a minute it's on me.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don’t usually carry at home, unless I’m walking down to the mailbox....and even then, not always. It kind of depends on if I’m going back out of the house again. That said, I have several guns more or less immediately to hand around the house, including my two primary HD weapons—a 5.56 SBR, and a 9mm Glock—both suppressed. Between the storm doors, the dogs, the security system cameras, etc., there’s not a much chance that someone could get into my house before I could have a gun deployed.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

Jago668 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm I keep my normal carry strapped to me. Two exceptions, shower, and sleeping in which case it's nearby.
That's me too... if I'm dressed I'm carrying.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Unless I'm in the shower, or the bed, or for some other reason not dressed, I'm carrying. Even then there is always a gun within 20 feet or so. They all have one in the pipe too.

I'm sitting in my recliner right now with my laptop, and a .45 is on my side.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

Ill ashamed to admit but over the last couple of years I actually havent been carrying much even out and about. In the last few weeks though its been nothing but bad news in my city, ive been getting into the practice of carrying again. Im thinking about swapping from an 8+1 1911 to a 15+1 EDC, but on my nightstand i keep an M17 with RDS and light. Dont carry around the house unless im coming home and stay dressed and holstered for a lil while.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I live in a somewhat bad neighborhood and work mostly from home so I carry all the time unless in the shower/rest room or asleep and even then it's within reaching distance. I carry either a Glock 17/19 or a 1911 and even then I keep either my AR or shotgun nearby.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

cmgee67 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:30 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm I have firearms placed strategically around my house. When I hit the door at night, I see how fast I can be walking around in my underwear.I can't find any underwear that will hold up my handgun. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
haha.... T M I

But yes, if not on me then one is within reach.
:txflag: :patriot:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Carry 24-7 means carry 24-7. From young teen if Mom asked, "Do you have your knife on you???" My answer was, "I have my pants on."
Only thing that has changed at 70 is I have added a defense knife along with my pocket knife and if I have my pants on I have a gun on.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

bfm1851

Post by bfm1851 »

Have you tried a better gun belt?? "rlol"

I have one of those four legged alarm systems too. Gives me plenty of time to get my handgun which is always within reach, you can not even get on property before she goes off.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

bfm1851 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am

I have one of those four legged alarm systems too. Gives me plenty of time to get my handgun which is always within reach, you can not even get on property before she goes off.
Now there's an idea, so I thought I would google to see if they had anything on the net. For the sake of all that's holy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT type underwear belt into google search! :tiphat:

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:05 am
bfm1851 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:27 am

Now there's an idea, so I thought I would google to see if they had anything on the net. For the sake of all that's holy, do yourself a favor and DO NOT type underwear belt into google search! :tiphat:
This is what a shoulder rig is for.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”