Why Can't We Return To How Peaceful The World Was Before Guns?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Guns are a plague on mankind. They are the source of all violence in our modern world. Can you imagine how peaceful the world would be if guns didn’t exist? Well, you don’t have to imagine. There was such a time; it’s called our distant past.
https://babylonbee.com/news/why-cant-we ... efore-guns

<Satire>
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

Re: Why Can't We Return To How Peaceful The World Was Before Guns?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The person writing that is nothing less than a complete and total MORON. Time before guns? They had swords and axes they stabbed and beat each other with. Before that they used clubs. This moron acts like he thinks gun created the violent streak in mankind. What a dope! He even managed the race angle. Good night nurse!

seph
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seph »

Babylonbee is a satire site.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Babylon Bee is great. I think they maybe conservative as I don't see my liberal friends posting links to their stories.

Topic author
mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm Babylon Bee is great. I think they maybe conservative as I don't see my liberal friends posting links to their stories.
They are politically conservative Christians with intelligent senses of humor. I love reading the comments to their posts because there are always some that do not understand satire or have a keen sense of humor.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

seph wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm Babylonbee is a satire site.
Did not know that. I just read the article and decided it was pretty out there. It is not to far removed from some of the stupid crap the libtards are constantly preaching. :biggrinjester:

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Eliminating the tools with which people hurt each other is not going to solve the problem. You need to eliminate hate to do that. And good luck with that. Humans are intelligent creatures. We can find / make tools to do whatever we want to do.

I always laugh when I see signs that say "no weapons allowed". If we define a "weapon" as anything that is not part of your body which could be used to inflict harm, then obeying that sign would mean stripping naked, which is almost always against the law. So the sign is instructing people to commit a crime. A broader, and no doubt more accurate, definition of "weapon" would require self-mutilation in order to comply with such a sign.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:37 pm
seph wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:01 pm Babylonbee is a satire site.
Did not know that. I just read the article and decided it was pretty out there. It is not to far removed from some of the stupid crap the libtards are constantly preaching. :biggrinjester:
In Genius Move, Trump Supports Impeachment, Forcing Democrats To Oppose
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I like this line.

" Since then, gun deaths have increased infinity-fold, from zero to more than zero."
Charlie

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Babylon Bee is great. I think they maybe conservative as I don't see my liberal friends posting links to their stories.

That or Liberals provide a better source for satire.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

philip964 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:49 pm Babylon Bee is great. I think they maybe conservative as I don't see my liberal friends posting links to their stories.

That or Liberals provide a better source for satire.
When Snopes declared war on the Babylon Bee a few months ago, that should have been the clue to any doubters that the BB is exactly on the right track. :lol: The really funny part about it is how badly Snopes got trolled on Twitter for attacking BB as a "fake news" website. And once Snopes realized how big the dog mess they’d just stepped in was, instead of just shutting up and fading into the bushes like any smart person would have done, they doubled down and stepped up the attacks. In response, BB dragged them down the highway behind their truck...

It was glorious. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:25 pm

Guns are a plague on mankind. They are the source of all violence in our modern world. Can you imagine how peaceful the world would be if guns didn’t exist? Well, you don’t have to imagine. There was such a time; it’s called our distant past.
https://babylonbee.com/news/why-cant-we ... efore-guns

<Satire>
"rlol"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”