Hero Off-Duty Cops In Santa Clarita Would Have Been Felons In Connecticut

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Hero Off-Duty Cops In Santa Clarita Would Have Been Felons In Connecticut

Post by Pawpaw »

Santa Clarita was a tragedy, but I think we can all agree that it could have been much worse. With “only” two dead, it wasn’t another Parkland by any stretch of the imagination, much less a Virginia Tech which is still the most deadly school shooting in American history. As it was, though, it was bad enough. Two children are dead. That’s a tragedy by any measure.

Part of the reason it wasn’t worse was because there was an armed response. Off-duty police officers carrying firearms were at the school when things started and they jumped into action.

Had this happened in Connecticut, however, those cops would likely have been felons for doing what they did.
https://bearingarms.com/tomk/2019/11/18 ... nnecticut/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

C-dub

Re: Hero Off-Duty Cops In Santa Clarita Would Have Been Felons In Connecticut

Post by C-dub »

The article only says the officers saved lives by rendering first aide to victims. Not by engaging the shooter. And it doesn’t confirm if they even were armed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TreyHouston

Re: Hero Off-Duty Cops In Santa Clarita Would Have Been Felons In Connecticut

Post by TreyHouston »

C-dub wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:24 pm The article only says the officers saved lives by rendering first aide to victims. Not by engaging the shooter. And it doesn’t confirm if they even were armed.
Lets just leave it as, “Some people did something”. The details don’t really matter. :biggrinjester:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”