Loaded magazine went for a wash!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Loaded magazine went for a wash!

Post by K-Texas »

txcshooter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:07 pm The ammo was Winchester, HPs, the regular ones you buy at Walmart. Nothing fancy. Lol
It's gonna come down to how well they were sealed. Being White Box, that probably translates into how much taper crimp was applied and the case-neck seal around the bullet.

You can try to dispose of them at the range by loading single rounds; just make sure you have a rod in your range bag to remove a bullet from the bore in the event of a squib. If water penetrated into the powder, especially soapy water, the powder charge could have been contaminated. If you were a handloader, I'd advise pulling the bullets and salvaging what you can which would be the case as well. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

Topic author
txcshooter
Posts in topic: 4

Post by txcshooter »

Thanks for all the input Gentlemen. :thumbs2:

Because I don't want to deal with a possible squib, I'll just dispose of properly. But I'm still gonna go to the range! :lol:
Taurus G2s, Rossi .22lr rifle, Mossberg 20ga p/a
"If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat!" -unknown

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I would shoot them, just to better understand the limits of that particular ammo (since it was in a mag in your pocket, I'm assuming this is carry ammo).

For my carry guns, I like to at least once shoot them, without cleaning, to the point where I experience failures. This is kind of the same idea. I want to have confidence that my gun will still function fine even if I haven't cleaned it in a while. That said, I also faithfully clean my guns after every range session.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

txcshooter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm Thanks for all the input Gentlemen. :thumbs2:

Because I don't want to deal with a possible squib, I'll just dispose of properly. But I'm still gonna go to the range! :lol:
You guys are silly. Id bet 100 bucks every round would fire. As said by someone earlier, “round stuck in the barrel”? Really? Lead or copper expands in water? Omg. Where is the facepalm emoji???
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

K-Texas
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K-Texas »

TreyHouston wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:46 pm
txcshooter wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm Thanks for all the input Gentlemen. :thumbs2:

You guys are silly. Id bet 100 bucks every round would fire. As said by someone earlier, “round stuck in the barrel”? Really? Lead or copper expands in water? Omg. Where is the facepalm emoji???
Why not try it for yourself while under no obligation? Then get back to us. ;-)
Anything that can be corrupted by man; will be corrupted.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want . . .

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Nice TV remote went for a wash wrapped up in bedroom sheets.

And no, putting it in a bowl of dry rice doesn’t fix it.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

While I feel pretty sure all the rounds would fire I would still be reluctant to use them in a carry firearm. It is important to reduce the risk of failure when one is using the gun to defend their life. Fire them off at the range and use fresh rounds for carry.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”