Kimber customer service

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dhoobler
Posts in topic: 1

Kimber customer service

Post by dhoobler »

Back in 2008 I bought a Kimber SS Ultra Carry in .45 ACP. It started ejecting brass in my face. Yesterday I got a pretty good cut in my forehead from a spent round.

I called Kimber customer service today. They want $175.00 to look at it and another $27.50 to ship it back to me. I told them, no thank you. I have bought my last Kimber.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

DocV

Re: Kimber customer service

Post by DocV »

$175 plus shipping is quite a chunk of change. If you have not changed the return spring lately, that is the first place I would go. Followed by extractor tuning if springs did not correct the problem. Followed by a Colt or Springfield hat.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have owned 2 Kimbers in my life. Both went back to factory several times so I got rid of them and will never own another
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

DocV wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:21 pm $175 plus shipping is quite a chunk of change. If you have not changed the return spring lately, that is the first place I would go. Followed by extractor tuning if springs did not correct the problem. Followed by a Colt or Springfield hat.
:iagree: I had a Kimber Raptor that was doing that. I changed the return spring and the problem went away. I do believe it is also referred to as a recoil spring. Two years later it was still working well.

They have them for either style here.
https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts ... 42353.aspx

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

If you can’t fix it yourself, I would suggest contacting Ed Vandenberg in your part of town.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

I have never had issues with my Kimbers.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

flechero

Post by flechero »

dhoobler wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:20 pm Back in 2008 I bought a Kimber SS Ultra Carry in .45 ACP. It started ejecting brass in my face. Yesterday I got a pretty good cut in my forehead from a spent round.

I called Kimber customer service today. They want $175.00 to look at it and another $27.50 to ship it back to me. I told them, no thank you. I have bought my last Kimber.
I wouldn't send it back to Kimber, you have some good Smith's close to you. The cost will be less and the work better than the factory.

I also wouldn't get too worked up about a gun that worked for 10+ years now throwing brass at you... Extractors wear and/or lose tension with time and use, recoil springs wear out and ejectors can even break... the gun may have been perfect from the factory and the issue developed recently.

Just fix it and shoot it, a lot! :tiphat: :fire

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”