Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 5
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I can't get link to work right now.

Just Google it for details.

4 pistols, 4 shotguns, 10 rifles.

The whole lot for $7500. If no one steps up they will sell singly.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Kaufman County TX, 1-23-20: 18 seized firearms for sale.

Post by ELB »

USAF 1982-2005

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

They all appear to be cheaper guns. Based on an average selling price of 425 per gun the price is already close to being at the mark. I am looking forward to seeing what they go for.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

cirus

Post by cirus »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!
Smells like tyranny. They can't seize what they can't find.

TexasSully

Post by TexasSully »

I wonder if it was unpaid taxes from a Gun Shop or Pawnshop.
cirus wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm
puma guy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:09 pm I never knew your personal property could be seized for unpaid property taxes. :shock: Not only do we lose our homes for unpaid rent to the politicians we now have to give up our guns. As my friend says the government is now king!

jason812

Post by jason812 »

If the guns were in a house that was seized, they could be auctioning all the contents.

I won't say anything else about property taxes because I have nothing nice to say.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

TexasSully wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:14 pm I wonder if it was unpaid taxes from a Gun Shop or Pawnshop.
cirus wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:24 pm
It said property taxes. Unpaid taxes on inventory, equipment and such from a business would be ad valorem taxes would it not? Of course with a semi- illiterate generation writing articles passing for journalists who knows what the real story is.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

jason812 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:21 pm
If the guns were in a house that was seized, they could be auctioning all the contents.

I won't say anything else about property taxes because I have nothing nice to say.
Hmmmm, no I can’t say anything nice either.

Ok it’s worse in CA and New York, but that doesn’t help me feel better.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

This coming Thursday, strogg and I are going to travel ~ 57 miles from my place to this Kaufman auction. I will call Kaufman County Monday and see if we can get there 1 hour early, at 400 PM, in order to eyeball the offerings. The auction will be 500-600 PM, which will enable many possible bidders to get out of work before attending.

It should be an interesting little trip. It seems like the auction could go 1 of 2 ways:
1. The advertising of this event won't have reached many people, not many will attend, and bargains may be had.
2. It WILL attract many people, possibly even some collector/dealer willing to plunk down $7500 cash for the entire lot, and everyone else will go home empty-handed.

After we attend this auction, I will update this thread with what happened. Film at 11. :-)

SIA

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:55 pm This coming Thursday, strogg and I are going to travel ~ 57 miles from my place to this Kaufman auction. I will call Kaufman County Monday and see if we can get there 1 hour early, at 400 PM, in order to eyeball the offerings. The auction will be 500-600 PM, which will enable many possible bidders to get out of work before attending.

It should be an interesting little trip. It seems like the auction could go 1 of 2 ways:
1. The advertising of this event won't have reached many people, not many will attend, and bargains may be had.
2. It WILL attract many people, possibly even some collector/dealer willing to plunk down $7500 cash for the entire lot, and everyone else will go home empty-handed.

After we attend this auction, I will update this thread with what happened. Film at 11. :-)

SIA
I will be real interested to see what happens. Looking at the list all I saw was a long list of inexpensive firearms. The Winchester Model 94 got my attention but it looks to be nothing special from the picture. I can't picture any real collector wanting a bunch of Japanese made Remington and some Rugers. Personally I would call that more of an accumulation than a collection.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

Today I spoke with a deputy at KCSO.

The firearm auction is to be held in a court room that is used for family issues. If those proceedings are done early enough, the firearms should be displayed about 400 PM, one hour before the start of the auction at 500 PM. YMMV.

The guns should be displayed for inspection, but handling them will not be allowed.

This is KCSO's first firearm auction and they have no idea of the size of the crowd.

Since it's a courthouse, all attendees will need to leave firearms and ammo in their vehicles.

SIA

Seanzky

Post by Seanzky »

LDP wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:46 pm The firearm auction ... Since it's a courthouse, all attendees will need to leave firearms and ammo in their vehicles.
Does anyone else grin at the irony here? LOL
This is a prime example of the government getting in its own way again. LOL.
--Sean

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AdioSS »

So, how’d it go?

Return to “Closed Items”