Sheepdog Safety Training Seminars

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Sheepdog Safety Training Seminars

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Anyone know if this is a gun carry seminar? :txflag: :bigear: guns allowed or not?
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Thanks... I'll be watching.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I will be attending the 2/8/20 event in Hockley.

I would like to meet and greet any forum members who are going to that one.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I'm here and they do not allow open carry !!! They said they prefer that no one carries. Wow. Hypocrites I think. Unorganized program so far. No one knows where to go or where in this place it's going to start. Lot's of cop's and security and so far the ones I interacted with were rude. They were all talking about how they handled a bad guy. Totally unfriendly. I'll see how the rest of this seminar goes and will tell about it after It's over. :rules: :nono:

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Blindref757 »

This seminar was worth attending just to hear Jack Wilson talk. But after he finished, it was 50% sales pitches and commercials, 25% church service, and 25% info for someone brand new to being a sheepdog or starting a ministry. I doubt that there were 2 people in the room who didn’t already know “when seconds count, the police are just minutes away”.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

Blackhorse1 wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 pm I'm here and they do not allow open carry !!! They said they prefer that no one carries. Wow. Hypocrites I think. Unorganized program so far. No one knows where to go or where in this place it's going to start. Lot's of cop's and security and so far the ones I interacted with were rude. They were all talking about how they handled a bad guy. Totally unfriendly. I'll see how the rest of this seminar goes and will tell about it after It's over. :rules: :nono:
Concealed okay?

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Blindref757 »

Yes...nobody patted me down...I didn’t see a 30:06 sign.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

My wife and I are planning attending one of these. We will be driving a little bit, but I am not going to hear an infomercial. I hope others will post their opinion before my class comes up.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

I was blessed with the opportunity to shake Jack Wilson's hand before he entered the sanctuary to speak. He is a humble man.
Didn't care much for the sales pitches either, but Meeks did a nice job. I've been to a few of these, but the group I was with had never been to one, I believe some of it was eye opening for them.
Oh yeah, didn't see any signs so I didn't ask before I entered.
What would y'all guess, 60% 70% or 80% were carrying? Lol

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

Listening to Jack Wilson made the trip for me. The folks from "[Pre-paid legal service]" were professional and courteous. The rest of the program was too dramatic. Carrying is a serious responsibility and I feel uncertain about folks that glorify shooting "bad" guys. My two cents.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Lena

Post by Lena »

I attended a very similar as this sometime back and honestly all in our group thought we had been to a sales event, for the total cost we all had we said pass on another like this but would I have gone probably so.
Stay Safe

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Met Jack Wilson also. Very humble indeed. Had a job to do, did it, it's over. Too much trying to push products they sell. Some good info after you filter out all their drama. I've heard comedians before. Glad I didn't have to pay for it. They never asked to see my entrance numbered ticket. They told me they wished no one carried, but they wouldn't know. I myself didn't due to they're were enough there with law enforcement that I didn't feel like I needed to be involved in a crossfire situation if something did go wrong. All in all, my opinion is my own feelings, but felt like I wasted the better part of my day. Don't get me wrong that what was not good for me could be of benefit to others. :tiphat:

tkc723

Post by tkc723 »

I arrived at the church about 240pm. Saw no 30.06 signs. I did like the fact they had security in the parking lot, but I don't know if they stayed out there the entire time. I got into the auditorium about 245pm. If I knew Jack Wilson was speaking I would have made sure I was there earlier. Fortunately, I got to hear some of his talk.

Didn't care for the sales pitch but I understand it. I just wish they would have kept it to the "10 minutes" they promised and not the hour they actually talked.

I didn't really learn a whole lot, but I have been a lurker on this board for the past 5 years, so most of what was said, I've heard here before. If you're new to church security or carrying in general, it might have been a decent seminar. I'm just glad it was free.

The main speaker introduced the Garland policeman who took out the 2 terrorists a couple of years ago. Thought he was going to talk, but unfortunately, he never got a chance. I would have liked him to at least say a little about that incident.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

I attended the Hurst session. Carried concealed, no problems.
Did hear Jack Wilson speak, that was good. Very good! Jack was a surprise speaker, trip was worth that.
The young lady lawyer from US/TX Shield spoke for some time, she was good.
I just wanted a refresher on use of force. Kinda got it.
Then we left, did not stay for the entire event.
I have been to several of these, all pretty much the same.
Lots of sales pitches, but I knew that going in.
If you have never been, then go.
If you have been previously, then maybe not.
I would not drive too far to attend, but it was close, so I attended.
Just my 2 cents.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”