Man removes window air conditioner at 1:30 am and gets shot in the back by the homeowner

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Man removes window air conditioner at 1:30 am and gets shot in the back by the homeowner

Post by philip964 »

https://abc13.com/5908970

I let y’all decide if this was a legal shooting.

Certainly deserved.

No charges filed.

cirus
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Man removes window air conditioner at 1:30 am and gets shot in the back by the homeowner

Post by cirus »

The law favors the criminal. He'll probably go to jail. No, I don't have any faith in the legal system. :totap:

03Lightningrocks

Re: Man removes window air conditioner at 1:30 am and gets shot in the back by the homeowner

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I think with it being at night, it is a good shoot.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Property theft at night. The homeowner will get off but it'll likely give the Democrats more ammo as they say "YoU CaN sHoOt A MaN FoR An AiR CoNDiTionEr!!11!"

(Best impression of them I can type...)

In his defense, you don't know if he is stealing the AC, or removing it to gain entry to the home.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:17 pm Property theft at night. The homeowner will get off but it'll likely give the Democrats more ammo as they say "YoU CaN sHoOt A MaN FoR An AiR CoNDiTionEr!!11!"

(Best impression of them I can type...)

In his defense, you don't know if he is stealing the AC, or removing it to gain entry to the home.
Sounding like he was using the opening to gain entry.

Robber running away when he was shot.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://abc13.com/5908970

Yeah sounds like they are looking into the shooting.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Unless the BG ran away while carrying the air conditioner, the homeowner will still have some difficult 'splainin' to do.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

I don't know enough of the facts to pass judgement here, but I do know that the homeowner should not be talking to the press. In particular, he should not have said this:
When he was trying to get away, that's when he got shot.
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Excaliber wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:07 am Unless the BG ran away while carrying the air conditioner, the homeowner will still have some difficult 'splainin' to do.
:iagree: There is not enough information in the story to make a valid decision. If I were on the jury, or grand jury, I would vote to acquit, however, that is Houston run by dumbocrats
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

flechero

Post by flechero »

philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 pm Sounding like he was using the opening to gain entry.
My first thought as well.... and if nothing else, the benefit of the doubt SHOULD go to the homeowner, NOT the criminal.

(I didn't read story- link caused several odd pop ups so I shut it down.)

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

flechero wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:08 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:29 pm Sounding like he was using the opening to gain entry.
My first thought as well.... and if nothing else, the benefit of the doubt SHOULD go to the homeowner, NOT the criminal.

(I didn't read story- link caused several odd pop ups so I shut it down.)
Said he just shot into the darkness. So hit the guy by luck. So at the worst that would be manslaughter, but the guy hasn't died.

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”