DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Re: DFW North/NorthEast Quadrant Breakfast

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

What about the risk of Corona virus?

strogg
Posts in topic: 61

Post by strogg »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 am What about the risk of Corona virus?
We'll just sit spread out across the restaurant and shout at each other. SIA can sit next to the ice maker :biggrinjester:

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:08 am What about the risk of Corona virus?
Most of us just drink coffee or ice tea. Too early for Corona, or any other beer for that matter. :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SigM4
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SigM4 »

If the pistol match at my club gets cancelled due to rain I may try to make it out to this one for the first time. We shall see...
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 70
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

I will be there, with tales of El Paso, Alpine, a new holster, and the feral hogs that got away. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Running late but I'll be there.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

03Lightningrocks

Seems to me a breakfast gathering is rather risky at present. Lots of strangers preparing and handling food. Crowds of people all sitting in close proximity eating. I hope all you fellers plan to self isolate after doing this. :mrgreen:

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 70
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

03: Regarding our "risky" behavior. We probably had more of a chance of getting killed in a car wreck on our way to Rudy's, than having to worry about dying from this "possibly" trumped up virus scare. As of today's date, there has been 1 Collin County death. The 2009-2010 swine flu epidemic killed many more people in the US, but Obummer didn't shut down the country at that time.

There's probably more people dying this month from falling off 6 foot stepladders than dying from Chinese flu. YMMV.

This past Saturday, 3/7/20, we had 6 in attendance: AndyC, blackhorse1, Mrs. blackhorse1, flightmare, SIA and Strogg.

FYI: AndyC has a nice Colt 1911, 70 series, still for sale. He has the 80 series hardware for it as well. Anyone who's interested: PM AndyC.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

03Lightningrocks

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:29 pm 03: Regarding our "risky" behavior. We probably had more of a chance of getting killed in a car wreck on our way to Rudy's, than having to worry about dying from this "possibly" trumped up virus scare. As of today's date, there has been 1 Collin County death. The 2009-2010 swine flu epidemic killed many more people in the US, but Obummer didn't shut down the country at that time.

There's probably more people dying this month from falling off 6 foot stepladders than dying from Chinese flu. YMMV.

This past Saturday, 3/7/20, we had 6 in attendance: AndyC, blackhorse1, Mrs. blackhorse1, flightmare, SIA and Strogg.

FYI: AndyC has a nice Colt 1911, 70 series, still for sale. He has the 80 series hardware for it as well. Anyone who's interested: PM AndyC.

SIA
:iagree:

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:09 pm
Most of us just drink coffee or ice tea. Too early for Corona, or any other beer for that matter. :biggrinjester:
Another Coronavirus gets its Lyme disease. :smilelol5:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

2meter Ham band prop map is wild the last 2 days

talked on SIMPLEX to a man on a handheld in McKinney, one in Richardson, one in Mcallen & one in Oklahoma on National Simplex Frequency

I'm between Austin & Lampassas ... Wasn't it nice of God to do this, give us this gift, for our entertainment during this time?

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 132

Post by Flightmare »

NotRPB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 am 2meter Ham band prop map is wild the last 2 days

talked on SIMPLEX to a man on a handheld in McKinney, one in Richardson, one in Mcallen & one in Oklahoma on National Simplex Frequency

I'm between Austin & Lampassas ... Wasn't it nice of God to do this, give us this gift, for our entertainment during this time?
You wouldn't happen to know the callsign of the guy in Richardson or McKinney would you? I might know the guys.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

NotRPB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NotRPB »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am
NotRPB wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:41 am 2meter Ham band prop map is wild the last 2 days

You wouldn't happen to know the callsign of the guy in Richardson or McKinney would you? I might know the guys.
Sorry I didn't log it... err if I did it's on a scrap of paper with hundreds of scraps of paper around here ... I really need to start using the logging software I have on 2 meter as well as HF I guess

Return to “Off-Topic”