Need help with “Essential Businesses”

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Need help with “Essential Businesses”

Post by philip964 »

https://www.khou.com/article/news/healt ... c1255375fb

So go to commercial businesses. Then find office building.

You will also find amusement parks and sporting events.

So is everything open under this new mandate from the County Judge?

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need help with “Essential Businesses”

Post by Liberty »

I find it strange that Houston Galveston and New York refuse to shut down public transit systems. People crammed into tin cans coughing and sneezing all the while moving them across town. How is this safer than eating at your favorite restaurant? Leftist hate automobiles but love taxpayer funded trains and busses.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

All I see is "Commercial Facilities Sector."
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

OneGun wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:19 pm All I see is "Commercial Facilities Sector."
Scroll down further. Sorry govt made document, not designed to be easily read.

In other news a friend got an official placard for his car that says FEMA 2nd Response Unit.

Looks real official. He’s in IT.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Liberty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm I find it strange that Houston Galveston and New York refuse to shut down public transit systems. People crammed into tin cans coughing and sneezing all the while moving them across town. How is this safer than eating at your favorite restaurant? Leftist hate automobiles but love taxpayer funded trains and busses.
Speaking of eating out. How is eating food prepared by others not risky. That is riskier than anything I can think of. All one has to do is take one look at any kitchen in any restaurant and you will see a dozen or more people running all over the place putting hands on the food. They sweat all over everything due to the heat. Then they touch everything as they put it in containers that they put their hands all over.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Liberty wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:18 pm I find it strange that Houston Galveston and New York refuse to shut down public transit systems. People crammed into tin cans coughing and sneezing all the while moving them across town. How is this safer than eating at your favorite restaurant? Leftist hate automobiles but love taxpayer funded trains and busses.
:iagree: It's absurd!

Chas.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

I know this a car wash and liquor store in Irving is essential, but my church is not.
:mad5 :mad5 :mad5

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lena »

We are allowed to fish per gov letter I am headed to the lake this week in this weather, not 5 minutes more to gun club
Stay Safe

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Executions must not be essential business either.

https://www.kltv.com/2020/03/20/texas-c ... ue-covid-/
AUSTIN, Texas (KLTV) - The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals has stopped the scheduled execution of an East Texas man because of COVID-19.
According to court documents, the execution of Tracy Beatty was stayed in light of the current health crisis and the enormous resources needed to address the emergency. Beatty, of Whitehouse, was sentenced to death in 2004 for murdering his 62-year-old mother and burying her body in their backyard.
The court’s stay will last for 60 days and will automatically be lifted after that period of time. This is the second scheduled execution stopped in Texas due to COVID-19.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm I know this a car wash and liquor store in Irving is essential, but my church is not.
If I were in the DFW area, I love to join you in civil disobedience by being in attendance while you are at the pulpit.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm I know this a car wash and liquor store in Irving is essential, but my church is not.
If I were in the DFW area, I love to join you in civil disobedience by being in attendance while you are at the pulpit.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

jason812 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:19 pm
Thank you. My people would too, but I don’t have it in me to put them in that situation. I have older people who have no business getting out that would come because the church was open. I have contact Christian Law Association and they have agreed to help however I need them to. Now I need the wisdom exactly what to do.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

:iagree:
I thought the same thing
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 am
:iagree:
I thought the same thing
I understand it 100%. Churches involve large amounts of people all sitting close to each other, in one space, at the same time. The liquor store involves a few people at a time maintaining space between each other. They are there a couple minutes, then they leave. It makes complete sense if you are attempting to keep folks separate as much as possible.

I think the term that is bothersome is calling a liquor store essential. But I do understand that a church gathering carries more risk than a liquor store.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

On a positive note Denton County included gun and ammunition retailers as essential in their order which went into effect last night.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”