CA: No place but California

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 247

Re: CA: No place but California

Post by philip964 »

LDP wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 am 94 rounds? That's too many. Can't fire that many from low-capacity magazines.
I call fake news! :biggrinjester:
Yes exactly, the most serious crime here will be a magazine with more than ten rounds.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grayling813 »

Judge tosses California ammunition purchase law
https://kmph.com/amp/news/local/judge-t ... rchase-law
A federal judge on Thursday blocked a California law requiring background checks for people buying ammunition, issuing a sharply worded rebuke of “onerous and convoluted” regulations that violate the constitutional right to bear arms.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez in San Diego ruled in favor of the California Rifle & Pistol Association, which asked him to stop the checks and related restrictions on ammo sales.

“The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured,” Benitez wrote in a 120-page opinion granting the group's motion for a preliminary injunction.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 am Judge tosses California ammunition purchase law
A federal judge on Thursday blocked a California law requiring background checks for people buying ammunition, issuing a sharply worded rebuke of “onerous and convoluted” regulations that violate the constitutional right to bear arms.

U.S. District Judge Roger Benitez in San Diego ruled in favor of the California Rifle & Pistol Association, which asked him to stop the checks and related restrictions on ammo sales.

“The experiment has been tried. The casualties have been counted. California’s new ammunition background check law misfires and the Second Amendment rights of California citizens have been gravely injured,” Benitez wrote in a 120-page opinion granting the group's motion for a preliminary injunction.
I was just chatting on Twitter last night with someone in California about the injunction. He said he was headed to Reno, Nevada after work today to buy some 1000 round cases of Mk 262 5.56 to take advantage of the injunction before the case gets to the 9th Circuit who'll probably reinstate the law.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:15 am I was just chatting on Twitter last night with someone in California about the injunction. He said he was headed to Reno, Nevada after work today to buy some 1000 round cases of Mk 262 5.56 to take advantage of the injunction before the case gets to the 9th Circuit who'll probably reinstate the law.
Thats a GREAT way around that fact that (apparently) most Cali FFL's are still following the law , despite it being struck down.

Nothing illegal in that move for one week.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 9

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:51 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:15 am I was just chatting on Twitter last night with someone in California about the injunction. He said he was headed to Reno, Nevada after work today to buy some 1000 round cases of Mk 262 5.56 to take advantage of the injunction before the case gets to the 9th Circuit who'll probably reinstate the law.
Thats a GREAT way around that fact that (apparently) most Cali FFL's are still following the law , despite it being struck down.

Nothing illegal in that move for one week.
If I still lived in California, that’s exactly what I’d do anyway, regardless of the law. That law is unconstitutional, and I have no moral obligation to obey it. In fact, I have a moral obligation to defy it. Anybody who’s ever driven from Las Vegas to Los Angeles knows that 100s of thousands of vehicles travel I-15 every single day between Nevada and California. There is no law enforcement capability to shut the whole interstate down and search EVERY single vehicle on that highway. It just can’t be done without completely eliminating 1-15 as a part of the FEDERAL interstate highway system.....something which even the commies in DC wouldn’t support. It’s just too important a part of the transportation infrastructure to shut it down.

Furthermore, I-15 is far from the only way into SoCal from Nevada. There are lots of little backroads too.

Even a little Yugo can carry several 1000-round cases of ammo in the back. A midsized SUV like my 4Runner could triple that amount. And with heavy duty suspension, you could even eliminate the visual appearance of carrying great weight in your vehicle....not to mention how much I could stuff into my innocent appearing travel trailer. Looking old and harmless has its benefits.

Effective enforcement is, for all practical purposes, impossible. Period. I’d break that law every chance I got. The only REAL consideration for individual California shooters is whether or not they think the juice is worth the squeeze. For me, it would be. In fact, I’d make sure to leave enough room in the vehicle to bring back a case of 30-round PMAGs with each trip too.

Civil disobedience is a duty in the face of injustice.

There’s NO reason for California gun owners NOT to violate this unconstitutional law, other than simple fear....fear of being caught. But there’s also every reason to fight it by any means necessary—lawfully AND unlawfully. The famous Underground Railroad was illegal, but it was also the right thing to do. Gun owners in California have a choice: they can either lay down before oppression, or they can give the commies the finger and ignore their fascist laws .... and they can do it with near total impunity if they are smart about it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

^ Good post TAM. I very much agree.

However, plausible deniability if caught has its benefits. If they get to cheat, so do we.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://babylonbee.com/news/california- ... teboarders

California releases thousands of felons to make room for skateboards, surfers and people who go outside.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailynews.com/parolee-arres ... n-glendale

Parolee arrested and released three times due to zero bail policy.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/ASxlHdv_RQ_mWdPdLExX4NQ

Black bank executive expecting his 4th child was murdered by his former black neighbor. He moved out of the neighborhood after his family was being terrorized by the neighbor who had been evicted from his house across the street.

He returned to the home to get it ready to sell it when the former neighbor who apparently still hung around shot him dead.

He had been arrested earlier for attempting to harm the pregnant wife and unborn baby. The DA asked for no bail but the judge released him with no bond.

strogg
Posts in topic: 39

Post by strogg »

Uh uh. That is guaranteed to be fake news because gun laws are supposed to work, right?
In addition to the murder and assault with a deadly weapon charges, Thomas also was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, carrying a loaded firearm, carrying a concealed firearm and vandalism.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 am Judge tosses California ammunition purchase law

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/05/1 ... cks-in-ca/

9th circuit restores ammo background checks.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/californi ... us-mandate
The zero-cash bail emergency mandate in California, which has led to reduced prison populations to reduce the spread of COVID-19, ignores victims and favors criminals, Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims asserted Friday night
It's an oversight Mims believes "flies in the face of anything in [her] 41 years of law enforcement."

"It has nothing to do with public safety," she concluded. "It has everything to do with ignoring victims and giving inmates and people [who] commit [a] crime a free pass."
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/loca ... 87cf7c298f

Open season on retail workers in CA.

Return to “Off-Topic”