Printable Texas Administrative Code

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Printable Texas Administrative Code

Post by rtschl »

I like that the State publishes the Texas Administrative Code online. But breaking it up into a ton of links for each sub chapter and each section is not friendly when wanting to view in a single portable format like PDF on a tablet.

I have searched but am unable to find a way to get a "printer friendly" or pdf version of the Texas Administrative Code chapters online. You would think that the state would have both.

Anyone know of link for downloadable PDF of the Texas Administrative Code?
Ron
NRA Member

Archery1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Printable Texas Administrative Code

Post by Archery1 »

Code books are the bread and butter of publishers by way of the most profitable books they bind, next to textbooks. Finding a full e-book format is probably going to be a futile task unless you have some paid-for service.

Topic author
rtschl

Post by rtschl »

Archery1 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm Code books are the bread and butter of publishers by way of the most profitable books they bind, next to textbooks. Finding a full e-book format is probably going to be a futile task unless you have some paid-for service.
Thanks. You'd think the state wouldn't be concerned with that but rather making the resources in multiple formats.
Ron
NRA Member

Archery1

Post by Archery1 »

rtschl wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:17 pm
Archery1 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:53 pm Code books are the bread and butter of publishers by way of the most profitable books they bind, next to textbooks. Finding a full e-book format is probably going to be a futile task unless you have some paid-for service.
Thanks. You'd think the state wouldn't be concerned with that but rather making the resources in multiple formats.
There's no shortage of places to read the code, but like you say, it's cumbersome with multiple sublinks. A few other Texas codes are available in full PDF download format, but you can't be sure how up to date the version is. I guess if the full, most current, book could be had as a single PDF for free, the State would be going above and beyond its duty to us :) We paid them to write it, and then gotta pay again to read it :)

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Usually, each agency prints the section of the administrative code they are responsible for as a single pdf file. You might check with the agencies you are looking for info from.
Steve Rothstein

ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ET-Ret »

How big is this code ? Is it just alot of pages or a lot of books or volumes.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

ET-Ret wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:34 pm How big is this code ? Is it just alot of pages or a lot of books or volumes.
To give you an idea of the potential size, the Property Tax rules are a 90 page pdf, 100 if you include the contents and pages used to make it a booklet. That is one small section of the part the Comptroller controls. And every state agency gets to make a section on their own. Some are much smaller and easier to read, some are humongous and technical sections.
Steve Rothstein

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Anyone know where I can get the full Internal Revenue Code and enabling regulations? That would be like the coolest thing since the Dungeons and Dragons Monster Manual II came out. :smilelol5: :smilelol5:

-Beavis
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
rtschl

Post by rtschl »

srothstein wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:47 pm Usually, each agency prints the section of the administrative code they are responsible for as a single pdf file. You might check with the agencies you are looking for info from.
Buried within their pages, but that worked.
Ron
NRA Member

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

If you're only looking for the LTC portion I put this together a while back. I try to keep it updated and think this is.

http://www.guardianfirearmtraining.com/ ... 37_1_6.pdf
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

The risk of creating a separate document is that it can go out of date, and you have to be vigilant to keep it current, depending on how much you rely on it for legal matters.

In my industry, engineers were no longer allowed to keep reference hard copy documents at their desks to ensure they were always using the the current change.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

The main reason I started doing that was to track changes in the code, which is why it's marked up. With the law you can look up all previous versions and bills, not so the code far as I can find.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Off-Topic”