Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Post by chasfm11 »

cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:19 am
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:49 am
cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:43 am
Why are we seeing the spike now? Some say Memorial Day gatherings, some say protests, some say bars. I have a feeling that all of these may have contributed. My neighbor and his whole family was very active in local area protests, and he told me yesterday that they are having some symptoms. A guy that my son works with is being tested because his grandmother tested positive. Another friend of mine posted on FB that she and her daughter have tested positive... Two weeks ago, I didn't know anybody who had tested positive for this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=34.1146
Would you care to share what you think supports your view that we should not be wearing masks from that report? No one has claimed a mask is a 100% solution to stopping the virus. It is just another tool in the tool box to be used with distancing, hand washing, etc. It is like a home security system, built of layers. You may have signs warning against trespassing, beware of dog, or house protected by alarm, cameras and outdoor lighting as deterrents. Then you have fencing, locks, alarm system, and maybe a large dog as physical barriers. All of these things work together to keep your home safe, just as social distancing, hand washing, and wearing a face covering reduce the transmission of Covid-19 and other diseases.
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html

Most of the protesters violated the social distancing guidelines, only some wore masks and the yelling amplified the droplet transmission. I did not say that i was against all mask wearing. The point of the original article that I posted was to show what is really happening. In the case of a cough or a sneeze, the mask can help reduce (not eliminate) the virus laden moisture in the air. For me, if masks are as effective as we are being told, there is no reason not to open up businesses more. If the distancing requirement is the only thing that really works, the masks, particularly for outdoor activities are not logical It cannot work both ways. I understand layers of security. But those are passive in implementation and don't generate problems with each layer.

To be honest, my gravest concern with masks is not the mask itself but the next set of executive orders. Multiple "experts" including Dr. Fauci have already hinted at those - mandatory vaccinations, mandatory carrying of vaccination certificates and mandatory chip implants to certify vaccination. With as rapidly as we got from multiple experts - Fauci, Surgeon General, etc. saying masks are ineffective to mandatory financially punished mask wearing, I'm concerned that we could go those extra steps before everyone realizes what has happened.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

mayor

Post by mayor »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm ...To be honest, my gravest concern with masks is not the mask itself but the next set of executive orders. Multiple "experts" including Dr. Fauci have already hinted at those - mandatory vaccinations, mandatory carrying of vaccination certificates and mandatory chip implants to certify vaccination. With as rapidly as we got from multiple experts - Fauci, Surgeon General, etc. saying masks are ineffective to mandatory financially punished mask wearing, I'm concerned that we could go those extra steps before everyone realizes what has happened.
It's just a chip to ensure that you had your vaccine. This prevents tampering and if you want to go into any building - you know, grocery store, department store, restaurant, hardware store, Dr. office - you have to have the chip AND you can drop the mask.

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cyphertext »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm
cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:19 am
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:49 am
cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:43 am
Why are we seeing the spike now? Some say Memorial Day gatherings, some say protests, some say bars. I have a feeling that all of these may have contributed. My neighbor and his whole family was very active in local area protests, and he told me yesterday that they are having some symptoms. A guy that my son works with is being tested because his grandmother tested positive. Another friend of mine posted on FB that she and her daughter have tested positive... Two weeks ago, I didn't know anybody who had tested positive for this.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... po=34.1146
Would you care to share what you think supports your view that we should not be wearing masks from that report? No one has claimed a mask is a 100% solution to stopping the virus. It is just another tool in the tool box to be used with distancing, hand washing, etc. It is like a home security system, built of layers. You may have signs warning against trespassing, beware of dog, or house protected by alarm, cameras and outdoor lighting as deterrents. Then you have fencing, locks, alarm system, and maybe a large dog as physical barriers. All of these things work together to keep your home safe, just as social distancing, hand washing, and wearing a face covering reduce the transmission of Covid-19 and other diseases.
https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html

Most of the protesters violated the social distancing guidelines, only some wore masks and the yelling amplified the droplet transmission. I did not say that i was against all mask wearing. The point of the original article that I posted was to show what is really happening. In the case of a cough or a sneeze, the mask can help reduce (not eliminate) the virus laden moisture in the air. For me, if masks are as effective as we are being told, there is no reason not to open up businesses more. If the distancing requirement is the only thing that really works, the masks, particularly for outdoor activities are not logical It cannot work both ways. I understand layers of security. But those are passive in implementation and don't generate problems with each layer.

To be honest, my gravest concern with masks is not the mask itself but the next set of executive orders. Multiple "experts" including Dr. Fauci have already hinted at those - mandatory vaccinations, mandatory carrying of vaccination certificates and mandatory chip implants to certify vaccination. With as rapidly as we got from multiple experts - Fauci, Surgeon General, etc. saying masks are ineffective to mandatory financially punished mask wearing, I'm concerned that we could go those extra steps before everyone realizes what has happened.
So we both agree on the mask can reduce transmission. Nothing is going to be 100%, unless we all live in sterile bubbles. Most businesses were on their way to being open, and then we got the spike. Most places that are conducive to distancing and mask wearing are open. The bars and restaurants are being hit hard, but neither is set up for social distancing and hard to eat or drink while wearing a mask. I agree that if you are outdoors and can be distanced from others, I don't think a mask is needed (and from what I read is not required).

I have not heard that Faucci wants to implant chips in Americans. That seems to be conspiracy theories. As far as a vaccine, it won't be the govt. that mandates it... it will be your insurance company. You either get the vaccine, or they don't pay if you get sick.

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

mayor wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:57 pm
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm ...To be honest, my gravest concern with masks is not the mask itself but the next set of executive orders. Multiple "experts" including Dr. Fauci have already hinted at those - mandatory vaccinations, mandatory carrying of vaccination certificates and mandatory chip implants to certify vaccination. With as rapidly as we got from multiple experts - Fauci, Surgeon General, etc. saying masks are ineffective to mandatory financially punished mask wearing, I'm concerned that we could go those extra steps before everyone realizes what has happened.
It's just a chip to ensure that you had your vaccine. This prevents tampering and if you want to go into any building - you know, grocery store, department store, restaurant, hardware store, Dr. office - you have to have the chip AND you can drop the mask.
Please share a link to a valid reference where this was stated... Facebook memes do not count.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:19 pm
Please share a link to a valid reference where this was stated... Facebook memes do not count.
I have not heard about the chip thing but it would not surprise me one bit to see them pull that and many of the sheep would fall right in line. Based on how I have witnessed the sheep falling in line so far. But there are many studies showing masks don't help at all. Just utilizing some common sense, of which there seems very little of in America these days, I find it a bit odd that most people did not wear masks during the first 3-4 months of this thing while filling grocery stores, hardware stores and other "permitted" places. That did not create a spike, now did it? I suppose the virus is a smart virus and does not spread in "government approved" locations. If masks were the reason or even part of the reason for a spike, it would have already happened. The reason for the "spike" is that there is now testing going on. The whole mask thing is nothing more than pandering, IMHO. This virus is not going away. Not until herd immunity is achieved. Standard masks do nothing to stop the spread. If it gives you some security in your moment of irrational fear, great, go for it. This virus is no more deadly than the flu. The reduced death rates are quickly proving this.

Here is a link to just one study showing masks are not going to stop a virus. There are hundreds if a person isn't already convinced the deep state is their keeper. You just have to find them before the deep state works to delete them from being available or pulls some kind of behind the scenes garbage to keep their own agenda going.
https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/mas ... ial-policy
Masks Don’t Work: A Review of Science Relevant to COVID-19 Social Policy

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:55 pm
I have not heard about the chip thing but it would not surprise me one bit to see them pull that and many of the sheep would fall right in line. Based on how I have witnessed the sheep falling in line so far. But there are many studies showing masks don't help at all. Just utilizing some common sense, of which there seems very little of in America these days, I find it a bit odd that most people did not wear masks during the first 3-4 months of this thing while filling grocery stores, hardware stores and other "permitted" places. That did not create a spike, now did it? I suppose the virus is a smart virus and does not spread in "government approved" locations. If masks were the reason or even part of the reason for a spike, it would have already happened. The reason for the "spike" is that there is now testing going on. The whole mask thing is nothing more than pandering, IMHO. This virus is not going away. Not until herd immunity is achieved. Standard masks do nothing to stop the spread. If it gives you some security in your moment of irrational fear, great, go for it. This virus is no more deadly than the flu. The reduced death rates are quickly proving this.

Here is a link to just one study showing masks are not going to stop a virus. There are hundreds if a person isn't already convinced the deep state is their keeper. You just have to find them before the deep state works to delete them from being available or pulls some kind of behind the scenes garbage to keep their own agenda going.
I don't have the time, nor the desire, to review that study in detail enough to review all of the references as well to make sure they say what the author is claiming they say. I believe this is the same report that was posted on another forum and several of the cited studies in the report did not support the author's position.

I didn't see people filling grocery stores in my area... I saw curbside pick up and delivery service skyrocket though. We kicked off summer gatherings, opened bars, and had protests and now we see the spike. That makes sense to me. Like I said in a previous post, a few weeks ago, I didn't know anyone who had it and now I know several that have either tested positive or are showing symptoms.

One thing I did see just a few minutes ago though that has me questioning is that the CDC is pushing to have "probable" cases included in the counts. I'm not going to post the link because it is Alex Jones Info Wars, but his info is from a Collin County meeting. I would like to see that whole meeting for context because if they are counting probable cases that are not confirmed, then they can control the numbers and make it look better or worse. Too bad we have come to the point where we can't trust anything reported anymore.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:17 pm
I have not heard that Faucci wants to implant chips in Americans. That seems to be conspiracy theories. As far as a vaccine, it won't be the govt. that mandates it... it will be your insurance company. You either get the vaccine, or they don't pay if you get sick.
Fauci supports Gates
https://www.dailywire.com/news/ag-barr- ... pery-slope
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

03Lightningrocks

cyphertext wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:53 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:55 pm

I don't have the time, nor the desire, to review that study in detail enough to review all of the references as well to make sure they say what the author is claiming they say. I believe this is the same report that was posted on another forum and several of the cited studies in the report did not support the author's position.

I didn't see people filling grocery stores in my area... I saw curbside pick up and delivery service skyrocket though. We kicked off summer gatherings, opened bars, and had protests and now we see the spike. That makes sense to me. Like I said in a previous post, a few weeks ago, I didn't know anyone who had it and now I know several that have either tested positive or are showing symptoms.

One thing I did see just a few minutes ago though that has me questioning is that the CDC is pushing to have "probable" cases included in the counts. I'm not going to post the link because it is Alex Jones Info Wars, but his info is from a Collin County meeting. I would like to see that whole meeting for context because if they are counting probable cases that are not confirmed, then they can control the numbers and make it look better or worse. Too bad we have come to the point where we can't trust anything reported anymore.
Plano is a large area with a heavy population and they were packing the stores around here. The difference is that there was no testing and they already know the vast majority of people show few if any symptoms. Even if they had it, most would not have known it. Same goes for you not knowing anyone that had it. How would you know if they had it? Nobody was getting tested.

gtolbert09
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gtolbert09 »

Montgomery County sheriff joins Denton County sheriff in not enforcing the mask requirement.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighb ... 386254.php
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

03Lightningrocks

gtolbert09 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:07 pm Montgomery County sheriff joins Denton County sheriff in not enforcing the mask requirement.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/neighb ... 386254.php
:patriot:

mayor

Post by mayor »

No link, just adding murk to the already muddy stream. Dr. Fauci Has hinted at mandatory vaccinations and certificates (license) verifying such. What's one more little step. From what I've witnessed, it'll be easy.

Outnumbered
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Outnumbered »

I haven't watched the Alex Jones video, but I have seen the Collin County meeting. The folks at the meeting seemed very concerned about the upcoming change. It is here if you want to view it. https://collincountytx.new.swagit.com/videos/62477

The thing is, the meeting was over a month ago, and I haven't seen anything reliable to confirm or deny the idea that probable cases are what is being used now. If so, I would love to see that information. Cases sure have spiked suddenly, but so far I haven't seen the deaths going up.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Deitz83 »

My cousin just told her husband has Covid. He went to see a friend that was leaving for Saudi. He drove from Texas , through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. On the way home he called and said, he was not feeling well. He had a dry cough and now all of systoms of the disease. He is a former Marine, in his early 60s and has under lying health issues. My cousin is a nurse practitioner for the Texas prison system. She moved to her sister's home as her husband recovers. She said, someone needed to take of his mother and the dogs, if things go south for him. I still wonder why are people wearing seat belts, putting kids in car seats; then complain about a mask.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Outnumbered wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:09 am

I haven't watched the Alex Jones video, but I have seen the Collin County meeting. The folks at the meeting seemed very concerned about the upcoming change. It is here if you want to view it. https://collincountytx.new.swagit.com/videos/62477

The thing is, the meeting was over a month ago, and I haven't seen anything reliable to confirm or deny the idea that probable cases are what is being used now. If so, I would love to see that information. Cases sure have spiked suddenly, but so far I haven't seen the deaths going up.
Here is the explanation from Texas DSHS outlining case classification criteria. http://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/docs/ ... k8mzcj3H78
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks

Deitz83 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:27 pm My cousin just told her husband has Covid. He went to see a friend that was leaving for Saudi. He drove from Texas , through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. On the way home he called and said, he was not feeling well. He had a dry cough and now all of systoms of the disease. He is a former Marine, in his early 60s and has under lying health issues. My cousin is a nurse practitioner for the Texas prison system. She moved to her sister's home as her husband recovers. She said, someone needed to take of his mother and the dogs, if things go south for him. I still wonder why are people wearing seat belts, putting kids in car seats; then complain about a mask.
Considering it takes 11 days to two weeks for symptoms to show up, that means he did not get it on his road trip but he likely gave it out along his way. Are they doing any kind of tracing on it that you know of? One of our customers called us last week and canceled a service call because they had been around someone who tested positive. They did not have it yet but were asked to quarantine for two weeks to give it time to show up. We are dreading a call from a customer saying they had it while we were at their home. We wear masks in peoples homes but that does not protect us. We do it mostly to show consideration for our customers. The government has become such liars, we have no way of knowing what is true about this thing anymore. I could be standing in a rain storm and if a politician said it was raining I would start looking for someone with a water hose.

Return to “Off-Topic”