Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gov of TX issues mask order!?!

Post by Deitz83 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:43 pm
Deitz83 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:27 pm My cousin just told her husband has Covid. He went to see a friend that was leaving for Saudi. He drove from Texas , through Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. On the way home he called and said, he was not feeling well. He had a dry cough and now all of systoms of the disease. He is a former Marine, in his early 60s and has under lying health issues. My cousin is a nurse practitioner for the Texas prison system. She moved to her sister's home as her husband recovers. She said, someone needed to take of his mother and the dogs, if things go south for him. I still wonder why are people wearing seat belts, putting kids in car seats; then complain about a mask.
He was away from home for 1.5 weeks. He called his wife on the way home and said he was not feeling well.

Considering it takes 11 days to two weeks for symptoms to show up, that means he did not get it on his road trip but he likely gave it out along his way. Are they doing any kind of tracing on it that you know of? One of our customers called us last week and canceled a service call because they had been around someone who tested positive. They did not have it yet but were asked to quarantine for two weeks to give it time to show up. We are dreading a call from a customer saying they had it while we were at their home. We wear masks in peoples homes but that does not protect us. We do it mostly to show consideration for our customers. The government has become such liars, we have no way of knowing what is true about this thing anymore. I could be standing in a rain storm and if a politician said it was raining I would start looking for someone with a water hose.

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrvmax »

I’ve said elsewhere, there is no vaccine and the quickest a vaccine has ever been created was 4 years. We will all get it, it’s just a matter of time. Masks are placebos that make us feel better but do little. Sure it may slow it some but we might as well get it and if we live we live. Look at the scientists who do research on biological weapons or even things they do not want to contract. Do they only wear these face masks for protection or are they in totally encapsulated suits using decon procedures, supplied air or respirators?
I do realize there is limited respiratory equipment in the hospitals and listed staff so everyone getting it at once might not be the best choice.

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

Do I have my mask?
No, but I have my lucky rabbit's foot!
And, scientifically speaking, they are about equal in helping me avoid Covid 19.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

mojo84 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:44 pmHere is the explanation from Texas DSHS outlining case classification criteria. http://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/docs/ ... k8mzcj3H78
Thanks for this link. It really does explain a sudden jump in cases. Effective May 11, the definition of a new case changed to include anyone where the antigen or antibodies were detected. Since we thought there were a lot of cases not reported due to being asymptomatic, they would now be found with the antibodies. I, personally, would not count these as new cases. I might add them to the count of cases but also report them as cured cases. That would give us a better idea of how many cases there really had been and a much more accurate idea of how many active cases we currently have.
Steve Rothstein

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

RPBrown wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:41 am Do I believe this thing is real, maybe. Do I think it’s as bad as msm makes it out to be, not by a long shot.
However, my wife has COPD and on oxygen. Her doc told her to stay home, but if she has to go out, wear an N95 mask which he supplied several. So out of my love for her, I am being cautious and wearing a mask when out.
To be even more cautious, I require my employees to wear masks when working in occupied homes or businesses. I don’t want the possibility of them catching it either.
Am I paranoid, no. Just as with carrying a gun, just trying to be prepared and protect my family
I got my wife, who has COPD and a Pacemaker, out of the hospital on 7/2 after 4 days treatment for a bad UTI. The Hospitalist, whom we highly regard, told her we ain't seen nothing yet, vis a vis, the Covid-19 sicknesses. It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, he said

ITMT, We're wearing our masks!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

srothstein wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:54 pm
mojo84 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:44 pmHere is the explanation from Texas DSHS outlining case classification criteria. http://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/docs/ ... k8mzcj3H78
Thanks for this link. It really does explain a sudden jump in cases. Effective May 11, the definition of a new case changed to include anyone where the antigen or antibodies were detected. Since we thought there were a lot of cases not reported due to being asymptomatic, they would now be found with the antibodies. I, personally, would not count these as new cases. I might add them to the count of cases but also report them as cured cases. That would give us a better idea of how many cases there really had been and a much more accurate idea of how many active cases we currently have.
Welcome. I agree with you. It does explain a lot.

Since this all began, I have focused on hospitalizations and deaths. The total number of cases to me is less important and very unreliable as it is nearly impossible to determine and know the total number of cases since so many go undetected and unreported just an many or most cases of flu and colds go unreported. The only significance in my mind to knowing the total number of cases is to calculate the true hospitalization and death rates. Even then, it is still difficult to determine a credible rate since so many hospitalization and death cases are being reported as Covid-19 deaths even when the person actually died of something else but tested positive for covid-19 antigens or antibodies.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Coronavirus lives indoors and I already avoid going in public buildings without wearing an N95. Daytime outdoors, unless you know your are infected or are working with infected people, I would say a mask is overkill.

I fully support the proper use of personal protective equipment to ensure that the State of Texas stays both open for business and healthy.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Why Texas Governor Abbott's 'Face Mask' Order is NOT What it Seems
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/dan ... -it-seems/

Is the Texas Covid ‘Spike’ Fake News?
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... fake-news/

COVID Counting Deception at the CDC
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/jon ... t-the-cdc/

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

Interesting "side effect" from a LTC perspective is that is all the TABC "red sign" businesses trying to become TABC "blue sign" businesses in order to stay open.... Too bad there wasn't an order requiring masks & closing each hour for thorough cleaning once an hour ONLY AT 30.06 30.07 posted locations so some might take down those ridiculous signs advertising that law abiding background checked people are not welcome but come on in all criminals armed or not, because the signs are not addressed to you..

parabelum
Posts in topic: 4

Post by parabelum »

NotRPB wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm Interesting "side effect" from a LTC perspective is that is all the TABC "red sign" businesses trying to become TABC "blue sign" businesses in order to stay open.... Too bad there wasn't an order requiring masks & closing each hour for thorough cleaning once an hour ONLY AT 30.06 30.07 posted locations so some might take down those ridiculous signs advertising that law abiding background checked people are not welcome but come on in all criminals armed or not, because the signs are not addressed to you..
Good point, I noticed that this weekend downtown Fort Worth where many bars that used to be a no go zone for carry due to 51% are now selling just a bit more food (51% food) in order to remain open.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

mrvmax wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:31 pm Look at the scientists who do research on biological weapons or even things they do not want to contract. Do they only wear these face masks for protection or are they in totally encapsulated suits using decon procedures, supplied air or respirators?
If you want something odd to wear to the grocery store--and something that would seem to provide pretty good concealment--these things are really and truly for sale...$129. Their other $99 model is sold out. :smilelol5:

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

mayor

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:45 pm Why Texas Governor Abbott's 'Face Mask' Order is NOT What it Seems
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/dan ... -it-seems/

Is the Texas Covid ‘Spike’ Fake News?
http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... fake-news/

COVID Counting Deception at the CDC
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/07/jon ... t-the-cdc/
Someone earlier in this thread pointed out that the executive order said if you weren't able to maintain 6 ft social distancing - Then - a mask was required. I read the order when it came out ('cause I'm a mayor) and that was how I interpreted it.
Rafe wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:39 pm
mrvmax wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:31 pm Look at the scientists who do research on biological weapons or even things they do not want to contract. Do they only wear these face masks for protection or are they in totally encapsulated suits using decon procedures, supplied air or respirators?
If you want something odd to wear to the grocery store--and something that would seem to provide pretty good concealment--these things are really and truly for sale...$129. Their other $99 model is sold out. :smilelol5:

With a mask and gloves too? Looks double stupid.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

mayor wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:23 pm With a mask and gloves too? Looks double stupid.
Yeah. I think I'm gonna go with a Scuba outfit complete with flippers. Will make it tougher to walk into the grocery store, but I'd want the complete outfit...you know, so I don't look weird...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I love it, I may got one. Looks pretty cool for carry rotation. Along with CCW Badge.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

parabelum wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:05 pm

I love it, I may got one. Looks pretty cool for carry rotation. Along with CCW Badge.
I am going to need a larger size. That thing wouldn't fit over my shoulders, much less my ample mid section.

Return to “Off-Topic”