American Contingency

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 2

American Contingency

Post by Aggie_engr »

Is this on anyone’s radar? It’s a new group being organized by fieldcraft survival owner Mike Glover. I’ve only heard about the training fieldcraft offers which is supposedly top notch.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone here has ran across it and what your opinion is.

https://www.americancontingency.com/

suthdj
Posts in topic: 1

Re: American Contingency

Post by suthdj »

That has moved to americancontingency.locals.com it is still in works but they do have a huge following an good intel
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Aggie_engr wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:53 pm Is this on anyone’s radar? It’s a new group being organized by fieldcraft survival owner Mike Glover. I’ve only heard about the training fieldcraft offers which is supposedly top notch.

Anyhow, just curious if anyone here has ran across it and what your opinion is.

https://www.americancontingency.com/
Saw his YouTube videos about it, and checked out his site. That was close to the day it launched, so it didn’t have much content on it yet.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

TAM, I trust your opinion. I know it’s still early on but I will be looking for yours and other forum members thoughts on joining this as it progresses.

I’m not interested in joining a one off, kookie militia that runs around in the woods. If this is a group that can actually make a difference, then I’m all ears. I do see the need for a large group to be organized in belief and actions, and Mike Glover seems like the right guy to start such an organization of patriots. I’ll be following the development of this group closely, if anyone goes through the joining process post it here and let us know how beneficial it is being a member. :txflag:

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

Ham Radio Crash Course YouTube channel is doing a live feed with Mr. Glover as a guest and he is discussing this on it right now as I type this.

Edit: The live feed started wrapping up just as I hit submit.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Aggie_engr wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:02 pm TAM, I trust your opinion. I know it’s still early on but I will be looking for yours and other forum members thoughts on joining this as it progresses.

I’m not interested in joining a one off, kookie militia that runs around in the woods. If this is a group that can actually make a difference, then I’m all ears. I do see the need for a large group to be organized in belief and actions, and Mike Glover seems like the right guy to start such an organization of patriots. I’ll be following the development of this group closely, if anyone goes through the joining process post it here and let us know how beneficial it is being a member. :txflag:
Glover had a pretty good career in SF. I think he was a Sgt Major when he retired. He seems to know a fair amount about prepping, and he also has some decent instructional videos. His video about how to properly clear your house by yourself when armed with a pistol was particularly instructive. He was clear to say that doing it by yourself is not preferred, but if you have to, here’s how.

I think his heart is in the right place, and he is tactically sound. If I have a small criticism, it’s that his channel seems to be gear-centric and more oriented toward the tactics of fighting, more than toward the tactics of surviving. He’s also really big into overlanding, which fascinates me, but for which I do not have the budget. There is absolutely a place for those things, and from what I can tell, he really does seem to know what he’s talking about. All of those things come out of his SF career. If that’s your bag, then he’s spot on.

But as an older person with health issues and reduced mobility, I’m less concerned these days with how to win on a battlefield than I am with the day to day practicalities of feeding myself and my family, and generally keeping us safe and healthy. I’m too old to be a warrior. So I personally get more out of following Pastor Joe Fox, Bear Independent, and Steven C. Smith for general prepping, and John Mosby for the down and dirty nitty gritty prepping. All four of them are less about the gear, and more about general prepping skills .... and not just martial skills. Pastor Joe Fox is also retired SF by the way (as is John Mosby), having retired as a Major who commanded an ODA for a number of years, before doing some "interesting" intelligence work for an alphabet agency. His teaching is a much broader blend of not just surviving, but surviving well, with just a dollop of the tactical thrown in. He teaches that we should be living now in a way that, when "the event" happens, we shouldn’t even be aware of it because we’re already doing the things, and living comfortably off-grid.

Mike Glover's network idea sounds like a good one. I just don’t know for sure if he’s got a big enough following already in the bag to make the launch work. I’m already spending nearly $40/month on Patreon for the content produced by the others, so I’m less inclined to pay another $5/month to be able to access the restricted content on Glover's site. There may be an entire potential audience that’s already in the same boat I’m in. We'll see. I wish him the best.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”