Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/while-campaignin ... 50164.html

News is so anti Trump, they forget and say good things about him and don’t even realize it.

Put down BLM in front of a black audience.

The Man!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... 2016-2017/

NYT reports Trumps taxes just before the debates. Says $750 in 10 years.

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

He was being audited so if there was ANYTHING illegal going on, it would be front page news... we all take deductions where allowed... I suppose a billionaire would have a lot of [legal and appropriate] deductions.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of bloomberg vs Trump deductions over the same time period. ;-)

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 17

Post by crazy2medic »

I have no doubt he has a highly paid staff CPAs and tax attorneys that soul function is to keep deductions legal and minimize he tax burden
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I got the impression the tax returns have not been released.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Rafe »

A) How did the TP Times legally get personal and private tax return information?
B) If it's real, why are they refusing to show the evidence to Trump's attorney? A copy of a tax return wouldn't have the informant's name on it, and if it did it could be redacted.
C) There can't be any bias in the fact they chose to put this in the Sunday edition 48 hours before the debate, could there? Naw. Not the journalistic-integrity-foremost Times!
D) Is it my imagination, or didn't Trump openly say in at least one of the 2016 debates that, yep, he strictly followed the law and in some years paid no income tax? If so, why would this be a bombshell? If his filings are legal and within all regulations, who cares if he paid $1 or $1 million? Oh wait. Because it's Trump.
E) Any bets that, if the evidence is real, the informant was paid up-front by Soros or Bloomberg (by one deniable channel of another) to steal private federal documents?
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

srothstein
Posts in topic: 36

Post by srothstein »

Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:26 pm A) How did the TP Times legally get personal and private tax return information?
This was the first thought in my mind. How did the NYT get the tax records when even the House Committee could not? There is no legal way way for anyone to get any individual's tax returns other than from the person who filed them as far as I know. If I were Trump, I would be telling the FBI and IRS that they damn well better be investigating this, and the article is probable cause that evidence of a federal crime exists at the NYT offices and it is time for a search warrant.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I hope the article is wrong and he sues them out of business.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki ... omination/

Nominated a third time for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AID-SE1jgRoqudikFml2R6g

Vanity Fair- Fox News afraid to call Trump a crook.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/police ... e-incident

Trump’s former campaign chairman is arrested by police.

You might want to watch the police body cam of his take down by police. It’s the second video. Naturally they didn’t edit the video to show the takedown right away.

Me or were they overly aggressive?

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:11 am https://www.foxnews.com/politics/police ... e-incident

Trump’s former campaign chairman is arrested by police.

You might want to watch the police body cam of his take down by police. It’s the second video. Naturally they didn’t edit the video to show the takedown right away.

Me or were they overly aggressive?
Well, he is a white guy so it is OK.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Grayling813 »

Trump’s Taxes: Everything Old Is New Again
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhu ... n-n2577089
But the thing about this latest “bombshell” is just how old the information is.

Here is a headline from 2016: “Donald Trump Acknowledges Not Paying Federal Income Taxes for Years.” Here’s another headline from 2018: “Trump Engaged in Suspect Tax Schemes as He Reaped Riches From His Father.” They’re both basically the same stories, and they’re both from the New York Times. You could almost forgive the people at the Times for not reading the Times, but 2 of the 3 “reporters” on this year’s version of the story wrote the 2018 version of the story.

What is it? To put it in the most basic of terms, since we’re dealing with complex tax laws and sums of money most of us don’t have, is this: If you’re a business owner, you can roll over excess taxes paid in one year to cover future taxes in another future year. By the same measure, you can spread losses out over multiple years too. This lowers your tax burden in future tax years but does not change your overall tax liability.

If that doesn’t make sense, think of it like this: If you had $20,000 in income taxes withheld one year but only owed $10,000, you’d be due a $10,000 refund. You can choose not to take that refund and let the IRS keep it against your taxes the following year. If, in that following year, you end up owing $10,000 again, but had nothing withheld, rather than having to cut a check, you simply use the $10,000 the IRS already has from you to cover it. You’ve technically paid “nothing” in taxes that year, but you’ve really already paid that money. In the current year, you didn’t cut a check to the IRS that year, but you did pay what you owed

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump wins first debate per Telemundo.

It was a street fight. My view was the moderator lost.

Lots of pics online of devices they were wearing. Trump had a coin looking thing attached to his head under his hair. Biden had wires poking out of his lapel and cuff.

Trumps best point was on police and law and order.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 5

Post by clarionite »

philip964 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:03 am

Trump wins first debate per Telemundo.

It was a street fight. My view was the moderator lost.

Lots of pics online of devices they were wearing. Trump had a coin looking thing attached to his head under his hair. Biden had wires poking out of his lapel and cuff.

Trumps best point was on police and law and order.
I agree. The moderator lost all control. It was a horrible debate. I think the POTUS could have easily won had he stopped interrupting constantly. The aggressive style works for him. But he looses even some of those who are with him when won't let someone else speak. Bill O'Reilley and Sean Hannity both lost me with the same. I'll still vote for him, but he doesn't pick up as many as he could with that. I really hope the next debate he gets that under check.

Biden did what he needed to, but it wasn't pretty either. He was trying to Trump Trump. Telling him to Shut up, shush, etc... Probably played real well to his base. But I'm not sure that picked up many others either. Worst debate I've ever watched.

Return to “Off-Topic”