Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

Trump is awesome on the radio. He is just talking to Rush, every thing he is saying is right on. Its like your in your living room and he and Rush are just talking. It is great. You want to be his friend. So great.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 35

Post by 2farnorth »

He is also supposed to be on with Mark Levin tonight.
N5PNZ

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

2farnorth wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:41 pm He is also supposed to be on with Mark Levin tonight.
I just saw him being interviewed on Tucker by Dr. Siegal. President Trump said he was going to make one of the treatments he received available to the public at no charge. I hope he can actually do this.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 36

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pmI just saw him being interviewed on Tucker by Dr. Siegal. President Trump said he was going to make one of the treatments he received available to the public at no charge. I hope he can actually do this.
He can't do it because TANSTAFFL. He might make it available to people withut their paying for it directly, but their taxes, along with mine and yours, will pay for it.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pmI just saw him being interviewed on Tucker by Dr. Siegal. President Trump said he was going to make one of the treatments he received available to the public at no charge. I hope he can actually do this.
He can't do it because TANSTAFFL. He might make it available to people withut their paying for it directly, but their taxes, along with mine and yours, will pay for it.
That is why I used the words, "AT NO CHARGE". At no charge is not the same as free. Obviously anything and everything supplied by government is paid for by tax payers.

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 12

Post by BigGuy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:26 pm
srothstein wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 pm
That is why I used the words, "AT NO CHARGE". At no charge is not the same as free. Obviously anything and everything supplied by government is paid for by tax payers.
^^^ THIS ^^^
I've learned that there are some thing the Government should do and pay for. (I worked for a for profit jail. Holy smoke the reality of "private industry is more streamlined," (That I vocally supported until lived it.) as opposed to dead people was eye opening. I'm still very conservative, but don't trust politically driven businessmen to make good (and safe) decisions.
There is no such thing as "Free." but some things, the government should stand by and pay for. And yes, that means tax dollars. If you're governing right, the tax payers will support you. If not, elections!

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

Thought it would be amusing reflecting back on the 2016 late October polls where hitlary was leading in all “main” polls, by double digits...and was “predicted” to win in a landslide.

Brief time capsule:

https://time.com/4546942/hillary-clinto ... lead-poll/

https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/23/politics ... index.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -5491.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-poll-c ... eks-to-go/

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

https://www.fidelity.com/learning-cente ... nteractive

most of yall probably have investments, i found this GUIDE from one of my fund managers to be a quick easy gauge of what could happen . its easy to adjust parameters, but every one but one is concerning for long term
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/poli ... da-events/

Trump make first public appearance.

Claims that the drug he took contained fetal cells are false.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 901542002/

May have been used to test.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I don’t think I’m even allowed to post the link, even though the word is not used in the article, but letters from the word are used.

Anyway on Rush’s radio rally for Trump which I believe 60 million people listened to , Trump used one of the FCC illegal words over the air. He was saying if Iran “ the word” with us. We would retaliate a lot. Things that have never been done to them before.

Old enough to remember vividly the Iran hostage crisis, see me smile.

I hope that still fits within the forum rules.

The two English guys who killed US hostages for Isis are in the US for their trial. They referred to them as the Beatles. More smiling.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president

91% chance Trump will lose says the Economist. This is a much better chance than he had in 2016 against Hillary. In that election the Washington Post said at about the same point that he had no chance whatsoever of winning.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

philip964 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 am https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president

91% chance Trump will lose says the Economist. This is a much better chance than he had in 2016 against Hillary. In that election the Washington Post said at about the same point that he had no chance whatsoever of winning.
The problem appears to be that they are basing the prediction on the results of polls. The mainstream media has never yet admitted that a large portion of the public has no faith or trust in them. There was always a problem in polling that a certain percentage of the people polled tell the pollster what the person thinks they want to hear instead of how they really feel. As the distrust of the pollster goes up, more people lie or refuse to answer at all.

The mainstream media has let its bias against Trump become very clear. They have also reported on people being attacked and even injured because they support Trump. This has three effects: some people might be convinced not to vote for Trump or to not vote at all (intimidation does work sometimes), some people read stories like this and decide to support Trump or at least to vote against who they perceive to be the intimidators (not many but a few), and many decide that they will not be intimidated in their voting but that there is no need to provoke people so they hide their Trump support (there is a lot to be said for this point of view but it is giving in at least a little to the intimidation).

So, between the media working to intimidate people who support Trump by what and how they report, and the lack of trust in pollsters and the media in general that increases people not telling them that they support Trump, the pollsters find Biden winning by a large margin.The media likes to report these polls because there are two more psychological factors at play. One is the pollsters not believing that a large percentage of people are willing to lie to them. They see themselves as honest seekers of the truth and want to be liked, so they want to believe that the number of liars is small. The second is much more important and it is a principle well known in advertising. The media knows that the public in general likes to see themselves as part of the In crowd and to be one of the winners. Reporting that Biden is going to win by a landslide may convince some people to vote for him and some Trump supporters to just stay home (it won't do any good anyway).

My opinion, and I make no guarantees of value or accuracy, is that the polls are way off again. I think it will be another close race, maybe even another where the electoral college is not in agreement with the national popular vote. I think Trump will be reelected and the control of the two houses of congress will stay as it is also. It will be close, but this is my call on it.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

We have all ways talked about a line ( in Minecraft )

Well today a line was crossed. Twitter locked the Presidents press secretary.

I suspect if Trump is re-elected, you might want to short Twitter.

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Post by parabelum »

Time to break up these monopolies like Roosevelt did in his day.

Return to “Off-Topic”