Justice Amy Coney Barrett

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Amy Coney Barrett

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TxRVer »

srothstein wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:35 am
Vol Texan wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:09 amOn a related topic, she’s extremely impressive. Her demeanor, her responses, and her basic judicial philosophy are all I could have hoped for in a SCOTUS nominee.
I agree. Even if I did not agree with her philosophy (and I do), I think her demeanor and general responses would convince me she should be confirmed.
:iagree:
Charlie

ELB
Posts in topic: 6

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Bazinga!
USAF 1982-2005

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 8

Post by crazy2medic »

Wait until her vote along with 5 other justices strike down a gun control law, the loonies will lose their minds!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I absolutely love this pick. She made soup with the leftist Senators. My favorite moment was her holding up that blank piece of paper for her notes. This woman is one very smart person!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

crazy2medic wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:53 pm Wait until her vote along with 5 other justices strike down a gun control law, the loonies will lose their minds!
I’m not holding my breath for SCOTUS to agree to hear a gun control case.... :biggrinjester:

Come on GOP Senators, just vote her in. At this point you’re just allowing the Dims to show their ignorance, hate and divisiveness again.
No minds are going to be changed at this point.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm ... At this point you’re just allowing the Dims to show their ignorance, hate and divisiveness again.
I believe this was part of Mitch's plan. Let the undecided voters see how sharp she is and how rabidly pathetic the Dem senators are.

At the moment there are not enough GOP senators to hold a successful floor vote. I believe at least four of them are in quarantine, and Senate rules require senators to be physically present when they cast their votes. They should all be out of quarantine by the time the scheduled floor vote arrives, which I believe is 10/28.
USAF 1982-2005

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

ELB wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:26 pm
At the moment there are not enough GOP senators to hold a successful floor vote. I believe at least four of them are in quarantine, and Senate rules require senators to be physically present when they cast their votes. They should all be out of quarantine by the time the scheduled floor vote arrives, which I believe is 10/28.
Ahh then the week delay makes sense... I didn't like that when I heard it. Lets hope the rest of the R's stay healthy between now and then!!!

I really enjoyed Ted Cruz's correction of the dems history lesson and record of precedent, this morning- I'm amazed at how twisted and incomplete the dem's version of the story had been all week.

I also thought it was smart of Graham to go back through the warnings he gave Schumer when the DEMS changed the rules.

And make no mistake about it, if the dems had the senate back then, Garland would be a justice right now. Any talk to the contrary is bologna.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 8

Post by crazy2medic »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:53 pm Wait until her vote along with 5 other justices strike down a gun control law, the loonies will lose their minds!
I’m not holding my breath for SCOTUS to agree to hear a gun control case.... :biggrinjester:

Come on GOP Senators, just vote her in. At this point you’re just allowing the Dims to show their ignorance, hate and divisiveness again.
No minds are going to be changed at this point.
The last few times that the Supremes had a chance to hear a gun control case Roberts voted with the lefties to not take it up, now with ACB on the court good chance her vote will tilt the balance back and hopefully SCOTUS will rule on some Gun Rights Cases!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

^^^^ROFLOL!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 9

Post by philip964 »

https://babylonbee.com/news/senator-hir ... is-a-witch

The Babylon Bee was demonitized on Facebook for posting this satire on their website.

Didn't know Facebook paid you.

Hilarious as usual.

striker55
Posts in topic: 1

Post by striker55 »

I believe the vote is today and I read the democrats will boycott the vote. Typical democrat move.

Return to “Off-Topic”