Only in Massachusetts

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Hoodasnacks
Posts in topic: 2

Only in Massachusetts

Post by Hoodasnacks »

I didn't see an MA thread. My friend sent me this one.

Ex-Brockton mayoral candidate arrested after 1 bullet found in his car:
https://www.enterprisenews.com/story/ne ... 262676002/

Could you imagine a license requirement to have ammo?

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Only in Massachusetts

Post by TxRVer »

Where was this? Mexico?

I'm surprised they didn't shoot him after spotting a deadly 9mm round.
Charlie

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Hoodasnacks wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:34 pm I didn't see an MA thread. My friend sent me this one.

Ex-Brockton mayoral candidate arrested after 1 bullet found in his car:
https://www.enterprisenews.com/story/ne ... 262676002/

Could you imagine a license requirement to have ammo?
Arrested and charged for having a single 9mm round coincident to a traffic stop. This is crazy but there is another lesson here as well... don't borrow a car that is not registered, has no insurance and then use it to tailgate an ambulance at night in front of the popo.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Insane.

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Brockton is a long way from Lexington and Concord.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

flechero

Post by flechero »

So what kind of license do you need to posess ammo? What educational and training requirements are there for ammo??? :shock:

equin

Post by equin »

I guess only Wayne gets a second chance in Brockton.

Seriously though. Sure makes me appreciate Texas more.
Ed

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Knowing possession of ammunition by someone prohibited from owning a gun is prohibited in MA by this statute.

I couldn't find anything stating that simple possession by a non-prohibited person is a chargeable offense.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Excaliber wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:13 am Knowing possession of ammunition by someone prohibited from owning a gun is prohibited in MA by this statute.

I couldn't find anything stating that simple possession by a non-prohibited person is a chargeable offense.
I read their law as no one could possess any ammunition without their firearm owners ID card, but I could be wrong.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:41 am
Excaliber wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:13 am Knowing possession of ammunition by someone prohibited from owning a gun is prohibited in MA by this statute.

I read their law as no one could possess any ammunition without their firearm owners ID card, but I could be wrong.
From what my friend tells me (who has a MA CHL), that appears to be correct. It does make me thankful for Texas.

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

The link takes me to a web page for a So Cal law firm that operates out of the Inland Empire ? ? ? Not MA.

:txflag: :patriot:

von Clausewitz

Post by von Clausewitz »

I attended my favorite aunt’s funeral in southeastern Massachusetts (I’m originally from there, but got out in the early 80’s)...

I had a pen made out of 7.62 cases (https://www.juniorsbulletpens.com/shop) and one of my cousins saw it...

After admiring it, he told me to make sure a police officer didn’t see it, otherwise I’d be arrested...

what the heck, I asked, and he told me I did not have a license to possess any weapon chambered in 7.62 and thus could not legally own any component of that weapon...

True story...sad, but true...

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

von Clausewitz wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:51 pm I attended my favorite aunt’s funeral in southeastern Massachusetts (I’m originally from there, but got out in the early 80’s)...

I had a pen made out of 7.62 cases (https://www.juniorsbulletpens.com/shop) and one of my cousins saw it...

After admiring it, he told me to make sure a police officer didn’t see it, otherwise I’d be arrested...

what the heck, I asked, and he told me I did not have a license to possess any weapon chambered in 7.62 and thus could not legally own any component of that weapon...

True story...sad, but true...
So I guess my 20mm bottle opener would get me sent to a death camp...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

pushpullpete wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 pm

The link takes me to a web page for a So Cal law firm that operates out of the Inland Empire ? ? ? Not MA.

:txflag: :patriot:
:oops:
I grabbed the wrong link.

I found multiple links to MA lawyer pages that say possession of ammo without a FID card is a crime, but I couldn't find an explicit reference to that anywhere in the law section they cited.

Apparently it's in there somewhere, somehow. Just another mysterious benefit of living in a people's republic.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Doesn't surprise me. This is a state that won't let you even own a sling shot.
N5PNZ

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”