carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

OC Spray Doesn’t Always Work

Post by carlson1 »

Liberty

Re: OC Spray Doesn’t Always Work

Post by Liberty »

I have never worked in a correctional institute but I believe the prisoner might have been more cooperative after a solid kick to the head or the cajones. There is no reason to put this many officers at risk This could have been settled a lot more quickly and The prisoner might have learned something constructive. Instead he earned some jailhouse cred and becomes a local hero.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The Sargeant over our Tactical Team was practically immune to the stuff, he'd get red around his eyes but overall really didn't impair him much, when I got sprayed I couldn't keep my eyes open, that stuff hurts!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:35 am The Sargeant over our Tactical Team was practically immune to the stuff, he'd get red around his eyes but overall really didn't impair him much, when I got sprayed I couldn't keep my eyes open, that stuff hurts!
I think much of it has to do with adrenalin. The guy in the video was raging mad with anger and when a person is that work up their threshold for pain goes up dramatically. I know from the past this has always been true for me.

In the usuali test fire situation you were in you likely were not all pumped up with rage.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Liberty wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 am I have never worked in a correctional institute but I believe the prisoner might have been more cooperative after a solid kick to the head or the cajones. There is no reason to put this many officers at risk This could have been settled a lot more quickly and The prisoner might have learned something constructive. Instead he earned some jailhouse cred and becomes a local hero.
While I agree with you, the CO who does that will wind up on the other side of the bars. This happened where I worked. Two guys I’ve worked with were on the front page of the paper wearing orange a few months after I left.

03Lightningrocks

BigGuy wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:48 am
Liberty wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:50 am I have never worked in a correctional institute but I believe the prisoner might have been more cooperative after a solid kick to the head or the cajones. There is no reason to put this many officers at risk This could have been settled a lot more quickly and The prisoner might have learned something constructive. Instead he earned some jailhouse cred and becomes a local hero.
While I agree with you, the CO who does that will wind up on the other side of the bars. This happened where I worked. Two guys I’ve worked with were on the front page of the paper wearing orange a few months after I left.
It makes me think about the "choke hold". A hold that can subdue many a bad guy but has been turned into a maneuver of abuse by pablum pukers. They quite possibly could have subdued that guy with a choke hold well before he was able to assault so many officers.

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I often carry an OC/CS blend, but sometimes carry an expandable baton for this kind of reason. I know from my time in corrections that OC sucks, but I actually kinda like CS. The main thing I learned is to not freak out or panic. That is most people’s initial response to chemical agents.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Pathetic. Two words . German Shepherd

03Lightningrocks

cirus wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:28 am Pathetic. Two words . German Shepherd
It is funny but true. Even having a German Shepard at your side on walks is enough to keep all but the dumbest of bad guys away.

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

Even having a German Shepard at your side on walks is enough to keep all but the dumbest of bad guys away.
It's true, large dogs provide a deterrent effect. . We had a 120 pound dog that we suspect was a wolf/malamute hybrid. Mrs RSX11 used to take him on long walks, and she reported that sketchy looking characters would cross the street to avoid them.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”