Login "Remember me"

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
FrogFan
Posts in topic: 4

Login "Remember me"

Post by FrogFan »

Hello,

Glad that the forum has been back up for awhile now. I saw references earlier about the "remember me" functionality but I haven't seen anything recently. Maybe it's just me, but I can't get the remember me functionality to work. Every time I come back to the forum, I have to login.

Thanks.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Login "Remember me"

Post by Tex1961 »

It bounces back and forth for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes not

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Mine never worked as I’m using vpn...

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

OK so it's just not me :) Happened to me for a long time. Somehow I got it fixed but since the board crashed, I can't get it to work again. Figure it's some sort of cookie issue though so about to clear mine out for this site.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It works most of the time for me. It doesn't work when there are updates and a couple other times, but it happens so infrequently that I don't remember the circumstances.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

OK so it's just not me :) Happened to me for a long time. Somehow I got it fixed but since the board crashed, I can't get it to work again. Figure it's some sort of cookie issue though so about to clear mine out for this site.
Well, I just cleared cache and cookies for this site and its still not remembering me. No big deal, I guess, especially now that I see it's not just me! :lol:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Forgive me, but when I read the title of this thread...this is what springs to mind;

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

AF-Odin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AF-Odin »

Me too, every time I leave the site, it logs me out even though I have the remember me checked. Getting annoying.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

mloamiller

Post by mloamiller »

AF-Odin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:25 pm Me too, every time I leave the site, it logs me out even though I have the remember me checked. Getting annoying.
Same for me.
LTC/SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

If your browser cache clears when exiting it will require you to renter your info, even if you’ve chosen Remember Me on your last visit.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

Keith B wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm If your browser cache clears when exiting it will require you to renter your info, even if you’ve chosen Remember Me on your last visit.
My cache does not clear when exiting, yet the site does not remember me. I have not made any change to any browser settings since the site went down in December. "Remember me" worked then. I use Firefox.

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

I get remembered on my iphone, but not my PC.

tool4daman

Post by tool4daman »

Yeah- same here. Clicking on the remember me each time I log in, and I don't clear my cache, have to log in each time. Using Chrome.
Best advice I was ever given- Don't mess with the dog while he's eatin'.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Sorry Keith, but my browser cache does not clear upon exit. Other sites (Glock Talk, AR15,com, Midway, Tractor Supply) have no trouble with remember me.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

AF-Odin wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:15 am Sorry Keith, but my browser cache does not clear upon exit. Other sites (Glock Talk, AR15,com, Midway, Tractor Supply) have no trouble with remember me.
I didn’t say that was your issue, just that it will cause it. Not sure why many are having issues. My Apple products are working correctly.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”