Some of my collection

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
BobH
Posts in topic: 3

Some of my collection

Post by BobH »

Pair of Mosin Nagant m44's, both 1944 Tula's

Yugo SKS & 1938 Tula M91/30

1940 Mauser 98K, Berlin production

Sig 556

xpur3l0g1cx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Some of my collection

Post by xpur3l0g1cx »

thats a nice collection you got there. How do you like the Sig 556?

Topic author
BobH

Post by BobH »

Thanks,

I was unaware that the design allows extracted shells to hit the extraction port/side of the receiver, effectively removing the rifles blueing. Since I do not want a rifle which is going to start rusting itself out over time, I am currently selling it on gunbroker. It's a bit heavier in the front due to the piston design, i'm sure the HK 416 is going to be the same way. I am going to hold out and hope assault rifles don't get banned by the next president before the 416 comes out...

dukalmighty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dukalmighty »

BobH wrote:Thanks,

I was unaware that the design allows extracted shells to hit the extraction port/side of the receiver, effectively removing the rifles blueing. Since I do not want a rifle which is going to start rusting itself out over time, I am currently selling it on gunbroker. It's a bit heavier in the front due to the piston design, i'm sure the HK 416 is going to be the same way. I am going to hold out and hope assault rifles don't get banned by the next president before the 416 comes out...
Are you sure it's removing the blueing,It's usually the brass from the shells transferring to the finish,I'm not familiar with the sig 556 ejection port but if it has the "bump"behind it that is a builtin brass deflector
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

Topic author
BobH

Post by BobH »

The blueing is coming off. The entire line of sig 550-556 do the same thing I found out, unfortunately after my purchase. I even was in contact with Sig about it, they do not cover it under warranty.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”