State aquarium and USS Lexington Corpus carry allowed?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
atxbandit
Posts in topic: 2

State aquarium and USS Lexington Corpus carry allowed?

Post by atxbandit »

I am heading to Corpus next month and was wondering if concealed carry is allowed? Has anyone been to either the aquarium or the Lexington recently? My gf wants to take her kids to both. Personally I would rather just go to the Lexington but as long as concealed carry is allowed I will visit both.
Thanks,
Ruben
"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
http://www.texasguntalk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NRA Life member
TSRA member

NcongruNt

Re: State aquarium and USS Lexington Corpus carry allowed?

Post by NcongruNt »

atxbandit wrote:I am heading to Corpus next month and was wondering if concealed carry is allowed? Has anyone been to either the aquarium or the Lexington recently? My gf wants to take her kids to both. Personally I would rather just go to the Lexington but as long as concealed carry is allowed I will visit both.
Thanks,
Ruben

The aquarium was not posted when I went last year.

I have not been to the Lexington yet, so can't say whether or not it's posted. As far as I can tell, the ship is no longer federally-owned, but by the museum organization that maintains and operates it and not automatically off-limits to carry. There was a post regarding this last year, and folks reported that it is not posted. See the thread here:

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 94&p=83102
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn_92 »

atxbandit wrote:I am heading to Corpus next month and was wondering if concealed carry is allowed? Has anyone been to either the aquarium or the Lexington recently? My gf wants to take her kids to both. Personally I would rather just go to the Lexington but as long as concealed carry is allowed I will visit both.
Thanks,
Ruben

Way to take one for the team! Sacificial love..... :thumbs2:

(just make sure to remind her of that - when you want to do something later) --- LOL.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

dude

Post by dude »

NcongruNt wrote:The aquarium was not posted when I went last year.
Still not posted as of this past week.

I didn't go onto the Lexington, so I'm not aware of its status.

Topic author
atxbandit

Post by atxbandit »

Way to take one for the team! Sacificial love.....

(just make sure to remind her of that - when you want to do something later) --- LOL.
I plan on fishing the 3 nights and mornings that I am there.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll find out about the Lexington in a few weeks. I will post when I do.
"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
http://www.texasguntalk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NRA Life member
TSRA member

FF_Ryan

Post by FF_Ryan »

Anyone have current info on the aquarium amd Lexington? Looking at visiting one or both tomorrow and would like to know. Mostly about the Lexington. Couldn't find it on texas3006. Thanks for any help.

TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

FF_Ryan wrote:Anyone have current info on the aquarium amd Lexington? Looking at visiting one or both tomorrow and would like to know. Mostly about the Lexington. Couldn't find it on texas3006. Thanks for any help.

Can you let me know if it was posted? I'm headed to both on Thursday.

Also, Mustang island is off limits due to it being a state park right?
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

TxSheepdog wrote:
FF_Ryan wrote:Anyone have current info on the aquarium amd Lexington? Looking at visiting one or both tomorrow and would like to know. Mostly about the Lexington. Couldn't find it on texas3006. Thanks for any help.

Can you let me know if it was posted? I'm headed to both on Thursday.

Also, Mustang island is off limits due to it being a state park right?
You can carry in state parks as long as they are not on Corps of Engineers land
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

magicglock

Post by magicglock »

We went to the Lexington 4 weeks ago and it was not posted and worth the stop!

texassierra

Post by texassierra »

I toured the Lexington last week and I didn't see any signs posted. Didn't hit the aquarium though.

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

magicglock wrote:We went to the Lexington 4 weeks ago and it was not posted and worth the stop!
It sure is. I haven't been down that way to tour the Lexington or the battleship Texas since at least junior high, but both are worth seeing.
TANSTAAFL

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I haven't been on the Blue Ghost since long before I had my CHL. Might be kind of nice to do that again while armed.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

I haven't been to the aquarium in a few years, but last I was there, it was not posted. It is not listed in Texas3006.com, and I would think that would be the kind of place someone would put a listing for if it were posted. That's not a difinitive answer, of course, but it's a good indication. IIRC the parking lot is close by the Aquarium, so you should have the opportunity to secure your pistol(s) in your vehicle fairly easily, should the need arise.

As stated earlier, you can carry in state parks in Texas, exempting COE land. Additionally, you can carry at Padre Island National Seashore under the relatively recent changes to the law regarding carry in national parks. The exception to this is the gift shop and office/exhibit area, as they fall under the exception of parts of buildings where federal employees work, and they are posted with gunbuster signs (binding in a national parks for those specific areas). The restroom/shower areas adjacent to the office and gift shop are OK for carry.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

Just got back from Mustang Island, the Lexington and the Aquarium. None are posted. No issues at all, aside from a few flashbacks while walking around the Lex.. :cool:
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”