Going to Oklahoma For The First Time With CHL

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ricor
Posts in topic: 1

Going to Oklahoma For The First Time With CHL

Post by ricor »

I know Oklahoma has reciprocity. What are some major rules should I be aware of?

kidder014

Re: Going to Oklahoma For The First Time With CHL

Post by kidder014 »

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

I could be wrong on this and not sure where I saw it, but I believe Oklahoma does not allow you to carry more than one pistol. It other words, no BUG.

Possibly someone else can confirm this or not? I may have it mixed up with New Mexico........
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Target1911

Post by Target1911 »

You are correct about NM and no bug...... I have yet to find anything to that effect for OK....
DAD, You are missed
6-5-54 ~ 4-16-10
rwhedgeart.com
III% United Patriots of Texas

TxD

Post by TxD »

ricor wrote:I know Oklahoma has reciprocity. What are some major rules should I be aware of?
1. Don't say anything bad about the football team or they will steal your hubcaps and siphon your gas. :biggrinjester:

2. Less important stuff is here:
http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Black Rifles Matter

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

Target1911 wrote:You are correct about NM and no bug...... I have yet to find anything to that effect for OK....
Thanks Target1911 for the clarification. I knew it was one of them "Foreign Countries"....... :smilelol5:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

wb5kje

Post by wb5kje »

I travel from Texas to Oklahoma 4 to 5 times a week. And being a ER nurse that goes into work late at night I've had the oppertunity twice in the last year to be confronted by OHP during insurance and DUI check points. Nothing different from Texas, keep those hands on the steering wheel until approched and let them know your carrying. Both times they didn't really care about my CHL until they knew where the pistol was.

Crosstimbers Okie

Post by Crosstimbers Okie »

You can carry all the handguns you want in Oklahoma as long as they are .45 cal. or smaller.

Don't worry about Oklahoma. It's friendlier to CCW than Texas. In Oklahoma you won't see all those stupid signs everywhere and if you do, they don't apply to the parking lot.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Crosstimbers Okie wrote:You can carry all the handguns you want in Oklahoma as long as they are .45 cal. or smaller.

Don't worry about Oklahoma. It's friendlier to CCW than Texas. In Oklahoma you won't see all those stupid signs everywhere and if you do, they don't apply to the parking lot.
I thought all it takes to ban CHL on a premises was a gun buster sign. I don't know what stupid signs you are refering too but the only signs that have any meaning in Texas is a 30.06 most folks here in Texas really don't see much of them.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Liberty wrote:
Crosstimbers Okie wrote:You can carry all the handguns you want in Oklahoma as long as they are .45 cal. or smaller.

I thought all it takes to ban CHL on a premises was a gun buster sign. I don't know what stupid signs you are refering too but the only signs that have any meaning in Texas is a 30.06 most folks here in Texas really don't see much of them.
I will second that. I very rarely see 30.06 signs...if ever. Maybe I just go to all the right places :mrgreen: .

Crosstimbers Okie

Post by Crosstimbers Okie »

The law in Oklahoma explicitly exempts parking lots and places for vehicle use from places that are posted. Disarmament signs apply only to premises--within structures--with the exception of school campuses. Even then, permit holders can store their guns in their vehicles while parked in college and university parking lots.

I haven't been to Texas in several years, since I've moved so far away. But the last time I was in the DFW area, and the Houston area, it seemed like I saw 30.06 signs everywhere. Maybe that's changed for the better in recent years.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”