TLR-1 or TLR-3?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
9mmGuy
Posts in topic: 2

TLR-1 or TLR-3?

Post by 9mmGuy »

I am looking to get a tac light for my G19. I really like the Streamlight models as they are easy on the wallet. What are the big differences in these two lights. I know that on is aluminum and one is plastic. In addition, I think they both use the same bulb. Is there a huge difference in light output as the (1) uses (edit) 2 batteries and the (3) uses 1. Much thanks for the help.
Last edited by 9mmGuy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Jason73
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TLR-1 or TLR-3?

Post by Jason73 »

I have the TLR-1 for my Springfield XD. I've had it for a little over a year now. It is aluminum, uses 2 CR123 batteries, is incredibly bright, and seemingly indestructable.

I get on average about 2 hrs runtime on fresh batteries before there is any discernable loss of brightness. However, the brightness does have a tendancy to vary as the batteries loose their charge; i.e. with the light on the light will dim then go bright again at random. Other than that minor annoyance I have no complaints about it.

I know people who have the TLR-2 but have no experience with the TLR-3.

Hope this helps,

Jason :patriot:

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

I just bought a TLR-1 with the C4 LED and it is BRIGHT!

I bought it from Botach Tactical for $89.99 and they had a 15% coupon off of that. Got it delivered for less than $85.

The 15% off is no longer available but there is a 10% off code "stimulus".
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

Topic author
9mmGuy

Post by 9mmGuy »

mike, have you experienced any dimming effect like jason described?
Luck favors the Prepared
G19c, G26, KT P11, Mossberg Mav 88, 10/22

Mike from Texas

Post by Mike from Texas »

9mmGuy wrote:mike, have you experienced any dimming effect like jason described?
Just got it so I can't say yet. Makes sense though since it;s an LED lamp and most likely unregulated. I would much prefer that to some of the LED lights that are regulated and will just flat die when voltage gets below a certain level. That would not be good if you were in a bad situation and your light just went out.
A few Glocks, a few Kahrs, Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm, Dan Wesson CBOB 45ACP, Springer Champion Operator

****************************************************************************************************

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gigag04 »

Im a huge fan of the Glock brand light. Some of our guys got them for $75 from GT supply. I'm sure you can get them elsewhere for similiar pricing.

If you decide for a streamlight, you can't go wrong with it.

Happy shopping!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”