Serving on Jury in Tarrant County

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dewayneward
Posts in topic: 2

Serving on Jury in Tarrant County

Post by dewayneward »

I just received a summons to appear for Jury duty in a few days (I look at this as a right and not an inconvenience) and from my understanding I cannot carry in the courthouse.

My question is do they have a spot where I can secure my weapon while I carry out my jury duty or will I be forced to secure it in my vehicle? I plan on hitting their website (just noticed it on the summons) and seeing if they have anything on that, but figured that at least someone on the board has been there and has dealt with this issue.

The address for the courthouse is 401 West Helknap St, Ft Worth 76196
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

Jason73
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Serving on Jury in Tarrant County

Post by Jason73 »

No, you cannot carry inside the courthouse and no, they do not have storage facilities onsite - you will have to leave it in your vehicle or at home.

I usually park at the pay lot located at 201 W Belknap Ft. Worth, TX 76102. Its an attended lot so I feel comfortable leaving my pistol in the truck. It costs around $12.00 to park there all day and is only 1 block from the courthouse. I would leave it at home if your going to park at LaGrave field and take the bus, its a pretty rough area around the park and security is non-existant.

Good luck :patriot:

joe817

Post by joe817 »

There's also an all day parking lot directly across the street from the courthouse on the east side, at Weatherford & Taylor St. It's also an attended lot.

You enter the parking lot from 2nd Street just off Taylor. The last time I was there it was $8.00 for all day parking. But that was many years ago, and things might have changed.

But it's worth checking out.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

Thanks for the info. I just dont get why we cant carry at a court house. Being around "questionable" people at court and in the city is one of the places I WANT to carry. Guess its time to make sure my pepper spray is charged up.
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

joe817

Post by joe817 »

dewayneward wrote:Thanks for the info. I just dont get why we cant carry at a court house. Being around "questionable" people at court and in the city is one of the places I WANT to carry. Guess its time to make sure my pepper spray is charged up.
I honestly don't know the policy of pepper spray, but they may deny you entrance because of it. And they will not hold it for you, and there's no place to store it for you. Like I say, I really don't know what the policy is, but be prepared.

You might want to call the court to see if it's acceptable before you try to take it in. If they deny you entrance because of it, your only option is to take it back to your car, or throw it away in a trash can.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”