Substitute Hi Power Magazine Floor Plates...

Renown Browning Hi Power Expert - Stephen A. Camp. Unfortunately, Stephen passed away and he will be greatly missed.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Substitute Hi Power Magazine Floor Plates...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. I received a useful email concerning replacing Hi Power magazine floor plates that might be of interest since finding spare Hi Power magazine replacement parts can be a problem. Complete new replacement magazines can easily be found but finding just a floor plate or follower usually is not so easy.

Here is the text of the email:

"I wanted to pass along a bit of information for what it’s worth.

I wrecked the base plates on several of my BHP magazines a few weeks back during a combat shooting school. The repeated dropping onto concrete smashed the base plates pretty badly. I searched several of the forum boards you and I frequent, but searches yielded no readily identifiable sources for base plate replacements. I tried a Beretta 92 model base plate and it fit perfectly – some slight movement consistent with a Mec-Gar factory standard BHP base plate is discernible. Due to the holidays, I couldn’t forward this to you earlier, but a Google search revealed numerous purveyors of Beretta 92 base plates at $8 each for a polymer plate with sandwiched metal reinforcement plate. A tad pricey, in my opinion, I decided to check Beretta USA’s website and attempt to get some type of law enforcement discount, hoping for 5 or 6 bucks each. What I found was a retail price of $5.95 each, with a current price of $2.95 each, and a winter discount of 30%- I picked up 15 plates for $30. I believe the winter discount has passed, but the $2.95 is still a pretty good deal. I don’t get to frequent the boards you cover, and thought you might be able to disseminate the information to more folks in a timelier fashion than I might.

Thanks.

Michael V. Floyd"

Best.

Mike1951
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Substitute Hi Power Magazine Floor Plates...

Post by Mike1951 »

I guess it's time to cry 'uncle' on this. I'm usually able to find things, but.....

I went to the Beretta site under their 'Spare Parts' listing. The floorplate isn't shown separately. Plus, there is a notice that all Beretta parts are sold through Brownell's.

At Brownell's, I scanned all 253 returns for 'Beretta 92'. Also searched for floorplate and baseplate without finding a listing for the 92.

Tried e-gunparts without luck.

Found the $8 one at Midwest Gun Works and $6.99 at Midway.

Can't find the cheap ones.

Still a great benefit to know what can be used if I damage one of my HP floorplates.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
Stephen A. Camp

Re: Substitute Hi Power Magazine Floor Plates...

Post by Stephen A. Camp »

Hello. Here's a link to the page with the floor plates and the cheaper cost. I have no idea how long it will be valid:

https://www.berettausa.com/e2wShoppingC ... 3100001471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears that Pearce also offers a +2 floor plate for the Hi Power and it is the very same as for the Beretta...which is no surprise:

http://www.pearcegrip.com/beretta_p2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best.

Return to “Camp's Corner”