NYT Article on Tea Party movement (and surprisingly good)

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
kalipsocs
Posts in topic: 1

NYT Article on Tea Party movement (and surprisingly good)

Post by kalipsocs »

I read the entire thing and felt it to be a reporting of whats going on and not an attempt to marginalize. It is very long, but a good read as far as I am concerned. Just shocked that NYT wrote such a detailed and seemingly well informed piece. I won't post the entire thing in this thread however because it is very lenghty and hard to edit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35416483//

Ashlar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NYT Article on Tea Party movement (and surprisingly good)

Post by Ashlar »

A couple of things always bugged me about the tea party movement..

Paraphrasing this article, tea partiers complain about the "failure of the federal reserve to adequately regulate wall street", but the answer is to do away with the fed? It was bankers' greed that put us in the pickle we're in, along with deregulation, IMHO. Only a banker could come up with a "nothing of value" commodity like a "credit default swap". And the answer is to remove any remaining regulation? :roll:

Secondly, there were a couple of comments in the article, and I've heard it from tea party enthusiasts myself, something like "my 401k was flushed down the toilet last year and the fed didn't do anything". None of them seem to wonder why it's now okay to work for 30-40 years for a company and be left with a 401k with half the assets in company stock, instead of a pension.

Return to “Federal”