Wife Looking for Concealed Carry Purse

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mikeintexas
Posts in topic: 3

Wife Looking for Concealed Carry Purse

Post by mikeintexas »

OK guys and gals, my wife and I went to Plano last fall and bought her a Galco concealed carry purse in dark brown. What she is looking for is some other colors, more "fashionable" like she said.

She got a catalog from Coranado a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything there she liked either. She said she has looked around on the internet and still hasn't found anything she liked.

Where do we need to try next? She will not consider a holster to carry on body of any kind.

Help!

Munk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife Looking for Concealed Carry Purse

Post by Munk »

I wish Coach would make one. My wife sure would be a lot happier. "rlol"
III%

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mikeintexas wrote:OK guys and gals, my wife and I went to Plano last fall and bought her a Galco concealed carry purse in dark brown. What she is looking for is some other colors, more "fashionable" like she said.

She got a catalog from Coranado a couple of weeks ago and didn't see anything there she liked either. She said she has looked around on the internet and still hasn't found anything she liked.

Where do we need to try next? She will not consider a holster to carry on body of any kind.

Help!
My daughter has a similar issue. She does not like the styles of the concealed carry purses she has looked at. It has me thinking there may be a market for converting stylish purses to concealed carry purses. She has a coach purse that she likes. I have been looking at ways to sew a holster inside it somewhere.

TLynnHughes
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TLynnHughes »

mikeintexas wrote:OK guys and gals, my wife and I went to Plano last fall and bought her a Galco concealed carry purse in dark brown. What she is looking for is some other colors, more "fashionable" like she said.

Help!
All I can say is...good luck...I ordered a couple of purses that were specifically for concealed carry and I'm sorry but they were UGH-ly! So I set about looking for a purse and actually found one at Walmart for $12.00. What I looked for was a purse that had multiple compartments that would house my carry gun in one compartment all by itself. It still isn't a Coach or a Dooney and Bourke, but better than those expensive leather carry purses that look like rejects from the 70s! All that to say...she may have to look for a regular every day purse that can be utilized as a carry purse.

T.
Women's Program Match Director
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
My daughter has a similar issue. She does not like the styles of the concealed carry purses she has looked at. It has me thinking there may be a market for converting stylish purses to concealed carry purses. She has a coach purse that she likes. I have been looking at ways to sew a holster inside it somewhere.
A pocket holster (I think that's what they're called) and some industrial strength velcro can do wonderful things. :thumbs2:

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies." -- Annie Oakley

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

My wife uses a Galco. She also bought one at the Dallas Public Safety Supply. It was pretty expensive though. She loves it.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

this may be a dumb question, but how do women protect against a 'snatch and grab' of the purse? Those happen so quickly, I doubt there would be any time to reach in and draw...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

My wife always leaves the car with her hand on her pistol. If someone were to grab the purse it would automatically unholster her pistol and leave it in her hands. Off the body carry is not the first choice.

ea40ss

Post by ea40ss »

My wife loves the Coronado purses and bags. However she also has several items from The Concealment Shop. They are here in Texas and their stuff is handmade.

http://www.theconcealmentshop.com/index.php

Thanks
Eric

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

TLynnHughes wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
A pocket holster (I think that's what they're called) and some industrial strength velcro can do wonderful things. :thumbs2:

T.
Excellent idea... I will look at that. Thanks... and my daughter may end up thanking you. She has been known to just carry her lady smith in a holster loose in her purse. At one time she was carrying it with no holster in there and I wigged out on her. I was worried about keys or something else snagging the trigger. Neither option was a good one. I have a Glock 26 being customized for her. The Glock would really be a problem out of the holster. Anyway... thanks for the advice.. I will give it a try.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Here are two more retailers with concealment purses:

http://www.shado.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://magills.com/index/42/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have to admit that I don't recommend purse carry as a general rule. I am concerned about the purse snatch also. But, if they know to protect against that, then it could work. Make sure they know that it is not just when they are carrying the purse, but when they are doing other things where it gets left. Purses get stolen from desk drawers, cars, and shopping carts all too often.

And I don't know any woman who carries her purse with her at all times. Being separated from the purse when she needs the weapon is a separate dimension to the problem.
Steve Rothstein

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

It takes a brave brave man to go sewing on a wifes or daughters designer handbag!!!
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

carlson1 wrote:My wife always leaves the car with her hand on her pistol. If someone were to grab the purse it would automatically unholster her pistol and leave it in her hands. Off the body carry is not the first choice.
:iagree: That's exactly what I do. And I carry a purse that has the strap that goes across my body, so you can't just grab a strap and have it fall off my shoulder. I have to admit that I prefer to carry on my person, but my clothing or my destination does not always permit it.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
TLynnHughes wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:

T.
Excellent idea... I will look at that. Thanks... and my daughter may end up thanking you. She has been known to just carry her lady smith in a holster loose in her purse. At one time she was carrying it with no holster in there and I wigged out on her. I was worried about keys or something else snagging the trigger. Neither option was a good one. I have a Glock 26 being customized for her. The Glock would really be a problem out of the holster. Anyway... thanks for the advice.. I will give it a try.
Cool!!! Let me know how it works out for her!

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

TLynnHughes

Post by TLynnHughes »

srothstein wrote:

And I don't know any woman who carries her purse with her at all times. Being separated from the purse when she needs the weapon is a separate dimension to the problem.
If my gun is in my purse, my purse is NEVER away from me. I don't want a BG or even worse, a child, to get my purse and my weapon. But you're right, I don't always have my purse with me if my gun isn't in it...like at work, when I have to leave it in a desk drawer or something.

T.
PSC Shooting Club, Inc.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”