FFL denied right to sell from home by HOA

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 12

Re: FFL denied right to sell from home by HOA

Post by seamusTX »

Tamie wrote:That's how new rules usually work. They forbid something that used to be allowed, or allow something that used to be forbidden.
Sure. Pot was legal until it became illegal. Many things that used to be illegal are legal now.

What rankles people, including me, is making a rule that is aimed at a specific person who followed the existing rules up to that point. That is why we generally have grandfather clauses, and the U.S. Constitution prohibits bills of attainder and ex-post-facto laws.

The U.S. Constitution does not apply to HOAs, as I mentioned earlier.

- Jim

Tamie
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Tamie »

seamusTX wrote:and the U.S. Constitution prohibits bills of attainder and ex-post-facto laws.

The U.S. Constitution does not apply to HOAs, as I mentioned earlier.

- Jim
Even if it did, it wouldn't matter.

Ex post facto is passing a law criminalizing something that already happened. It's not changing the rules to forbid tomorrow what was allowed yesterday.

Bill of attainder would be banning products by name, like the AWB did. :rules:

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

Keith B wrote:We have also tried to get the HOA to enforce weeds in flowerbeds, etc. I am not that anal, but a 4ft tall horse-weed growing out of the next door neighbors flower bed that has been there with the other 2ft+ tall weed for over a year is ridiculous. Finally had to call the city on them to get it resolved. I mean c'mon, have a little pride in your homes people!!!!
Darwin is my Gardener

:mrgreen:
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

Reading this thread makes me grateful for the neighbors I have, and grateful for the neighbors I don't have.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

One should ALWAYS be grateful for the neighbors they DON'T have! :smilelol5:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”