Just when you think it can't get any worse....

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cobra Medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Just when you think it can't get any worse....

Post by Cobra Medic »

bdickens wrote:Why should Texas interject itself into another soveriegn State's business? We sure don't like it when they interject themselves into ours.
There's a difference between expressing support or sympathy, and criticizing.
This will only hurt a little. What comes next, more so.

katybsrt

Post by katybsrt »

LaserTex wrote:I propose a new Theme Park called Sniper World. All calibers welcome. $20 a day for entry, stay all day and night. No limit - no season. Happy Hunting

Doug :txflag:

My guess is business will drop off after the first few weeks. Word will get out I'm sure.
:iagree:

:thewave

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Purplehood wrote:
baldeagle wrote:
VoiceofReason wrote:
baldeagle wrote:....it gets worse - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - US declares Federal land in Arizona off limits to Americans!
http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/ar ... 202010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OK. Now you can fill in the blanks what I think of the media.

Rhetorical question: is it no longer possible to do any fact checking at all!!! before "reporting" the "news"???? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Good link, good info. I wish it were dated. I presume it is recent.
The date stamp in the link appears to be 6/16/2010 (%20 is Browser-speak for space).

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

I am proud to stand alongside the good people of Arizona. I was born in Tennessee. Texas has been my home for 56 years. My ancestors came to Texas in the early 1830's. Thirty two Tennesseans stood with the Texans and died at the Alamo. I think it entirely reasonable and fitting that Texans should stand with their neighbors in Arizona. I feel it is the right thing to do.

As a side note: Has anyone besides me noticed that our enemies want to blow up New York, Washongton DC, Los Angeles and other cities but want to occupy Arizona?

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

PeteCamp wrote:I am proud to stand alongside the good people of Arizona. I was born in Tennessee. Texas has been my home for 56 years. My ancestors came to Texas in the early 1830's. Thirty two Tennesseans stood with the Texans and died at the Alamo. I think it entirely reasonable and fitting that Texans should stand with their neighbors in Arizona. I feel it is the right thing to do.

As a side note: Has anyone besides me noticed that our enemies want to blow up New York, Washongton DC, Los Angeles and other cities but want to occupy Arizona?
The statement above does not appear to be based on logic.

-I see the folks that come across the border illegally as criminals, not enemies.

-The concept of "Reconquista" is mostly a figment of our imagination and is generally limited to a few fanatics.
The average Mexican coming to the US is not looking to turn the country into a northern extension of a country with a failed economy, namely Mexico. Speaking to the common Mexican immigrant (of whatever legal status you choose), you will find that they come here for economic reasons and the hope for opportunity.

-Arizona is desolate and inherently more vulnerable to infiltration than the densely populated state of California or the mountainous borders of New Mexico and Texas. It is simply the path of least resistance.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

PeteCamp

Post by PeteCamp »

-I see the folks that come across the border illegally as criminals, not enemies.
Well if the drug smugglers who are threatening to murder police officers in Arizona and making, by their violent activities, soverign territory of the United States off limits to US citizens, are not "enemies" and a direct threat to the security of the United States, then there is absolutely no need for sending troops to the border. Right? Just send more police officers.

I was not speaking of folks coming into the US to seek employment or to be with their families and who do so illegally. Those are illegal immigrants. Those who carry AK-47's and seek to destroy American society by targeting police (and whoever else gets in their way) are something else.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Purplehood »

PeteCamp wrote:
Well if the drug smugglers who are threatening to murder police officers in Arizona and making, by their violent activities, soverign territory of the United States off limits to US citizens, are not "enemies" and a direct threat to the security of the United States, then there is absolutely no need for sending troops to the border. Right? Just send more police officers.

I was not speaking of folks coming into the US to seek employment or to be with their families and who do so illegally. Those are illegal immigrants. Those who carry AK-47's and seek to destroy American society by targeting police (and whoever else gets in their way) are something else.
Oh, I agree with that fully. If you cross the border of the US with an AK in your hand, you are not an illegal-immigrant. You are a target.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

G26ster wrote:
YES!

:iagree:

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

Proper enforcement, sufficient manpower... just a few things we aren't doing.

Closing sections of our sovereign territory... enough!!
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”