Reciprocity Map

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ske1eter
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Reciprocity Map

Post by ske1eter »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Ryan's map is a great resource. I tell every CHL class about it and I've had a lot of positive feedback.

Thanks again Ryan,
Chas.
Why doesn't the TSRA Sportsman show NE as a state that accepts a TX CHL?

LarryH
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LarryH »

ske1eter wrote:Why doesn't the TSRA Sportsman show NE as a state that accepts a TX CHL?
or MN?

USMC-COL
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USMC-COL »

The NE law doesn't take effect until about Feb 2011.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

USMC-COL wrote:The NE law doesn't take effect until about Feb 2011.
Took effect Aug. 30th, 2009, according to the link on http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/ConcealCarry.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, then click on Nebraska Reciprocity under the Quick Links to the right.

USMC-COL
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USMC-COL »

ske1eter wrote:
Took effect Aug. 30th, 2009, according to the link on http://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/ConcealCarry.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, then click on Nebraska Reciprocity under the Quick Links to the right.
You are absolutely correct. My apologies. I was thinking of the recently passed Iowa laws which go into effect Jan 1, 2011 and recognize all other states' permits.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

ske1eter

Post by ske1eter »

USMC-COL wrote:
ske1eter wrote:
You are absolutely correct. My apologies. I was thinking of the recently passed Iowa laws which go into effect Jan 1, 2011 and recognize all other states' permits.
I'm looking forward to Iowa's CHL law, as well. The parents live there so my travels take me from TX to OK, KS, NE, then ultimately IA. Finally I'll be covered, or able to cover myself, all the way up.

wreakhavoc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wreakhavoc »

Having been working in Iowa and watching the local news there for a few months I see that they have finally repealed some of the most screwed up gun laws in the nation and as of the first of next year they should start recognizing other states' CHL's.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

FYI: You may also get a non-resident license from Nevada for Nevada.

Topic author
AggieMM
Posts in topic: 44

Post by AggieMM »

Happy New Year everyone. And to celebrate, I added Iowa reciprocity to the map. What a great way to start 2011......

Ryan

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

ske1eter wrote:
USMC-COL wrote:
ske1eter wrote:
I'm looking forward to Iowa's CHL law, as well. The parents live there so my travels take me from TX to OK, KS, NE, then ultimately IA. Finally I'll be covered, or able to cover myself, all the way up.
I have family in Iowa as well and am excited to not have to stop at the last Missouri rest stop to dis-arm to be legal. I have a daughter in Arkansas and one in Minneapolis. I could carry everywhere except when visiting Mom and Dad in Iowa. It has a long wait to get Iowa's laws to shall issue.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks for creating this map for us Ryan and for keeping it up to date. It is by far the easiest and fastest way to where we can carry.

Chas.

LisaPinky

Post by LisaPinky »

I stumbled on your forum in an effort to find a printable reciprocity map as I am a newly licensed in TX to carry.

Just double checking your map to DPS site (my personal due diligence), I see you have Iowa as a reciprocal state and according the TX DPS site does not appear that it is. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

In fact, today it states:
“April 14, 2005 Iowa
Note: Texas Governor Rick Perry signed a unilateral proclamation recognizing Iowa Concealed Handgun Licenses on April 14, 2005 allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Iowa to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas. This is not a reciprocal agreement, therefore, Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses holders may NOT carry concealed handguns in Iowa. “
At least according to:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administra ... rocity.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:clapping:
Aside from that… Thanks for have an easy to read and print map.

LisaPinky

Post by LisaPinky »

Look at me... I didn't read the above before I posted. Oops... My bad.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

LisaPinky wrote:Look at me... I didn't read the above before I posted. Oops... My bad.
First off, welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

This just changed at the first of the year and Iowa now honors ALL states CHL's. :thumbs2:

See http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as a good source for the laws in other states too.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

LisaPinky wrote:Look at me... I didn't read the above before I posted. Oops... My bad.
Welcome and here's another CCW info site to look through.

Return to “Other States”