U.T. article hilarious

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

U.T. article hilarious

Post by RPB »

Concealed handguns mean less safety
http://www.dailytexanonline.com/content ... ess-safety" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paragraph 1 is opinionated rhetoric
"increase the chances and severity of suicide "
Notwithstanding the falsity of facts, I must ask how suicide can be more severe or less severe?

I posted a couple of comments as John (My dad's name; in memory of my dad)

I kept that "other University" document confidential as to origin. But, thank you for it (you know who you are)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: U.T. article hilarious

Post by Oldgringo »

AndyC wrote:Excellent - I've joined the fray as well :)
Aye, and it's a fine job you're doing. :txflag:

gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gigag04 »

I too have posted.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

gigag04 wrote:I too have posted.
Aren't they immediately going to reject your opinion because you're an Aggie? "rlol"
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

San Marcos making a big deal out of the Veto http://www.newstreamz.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so I been busy here so maybe some News Stations counteract the Texas State President's crush on John Woods pulling her strings viewtopic.php?f=90&t=40067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

Topic author
RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Blake:
What the story says... is that it's not smart or safe to have people carrying guns around campus who are not in uniform. It's hard to tell who's "good" and who's "bad" when "situations" pop up.... like at the PCL or a football game.
Next thing you know, we'll have two CHLs shooting at each other because they both they think the other one is the bad guy. Large crowds and guns = trouble. So does alcohol...
Cops have radios and coordinate their responses to potential crime scenes. What are you gonna do to make sure you get the right person?
My reply there:

Blake
1) 65,000 people a day for 3 days = 195,000 people
ACL in a city park, where CHL carrying is legal.
SO, your "Large crowds and guns = trouble" argument = FAIL

2) It's hard to tell who's "good" and who's "bad" Next thing you know, we'll have two CHLs shooting at each other because they both they think the other one is the bad guy.

This argument has already been dismissed by Houston Police Officers’ Union, the largest police union in the state of Texas, spoke out in favor of legalizing licensed concealed carry (of handguns) on Texas college campuses and dismissed the notion that the presence of armed citizens would somehow cause chaos or confusion during or following a campus shooting.

Why do you find it hard to distinguish between a "good guy" hiding under a desk and a "bad guy" walking desk to desk executing people by shooting them in the head one by one?

"What are you gonna do to make sure you get the right person? "
Hide under my desk and not shoot other people hiding under theirs, but when the AK-47 is swinging towards my head, I might stand up and provide a bit of deterrent. However, if unarmed, I'd just pray he didn't bring enough ammo and wait my turn while pointing him in your direction while you tweet. :evil2:
I'm no lawyer

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I'm glad I spend most of my time converting those people who are mature, well-learned and eager to find out more about the Texas CHL and get involved...

Idiots like "Blake"...Are not worth any of our time or effort...

I am glad that I am expanding our ranks once again by one person...I believe his wife will not be too far behind him...And she (at first) didn't like guns, what she called "Boom Booms" when we started to get to know them...

So hopefully by the end of tomorrow, we'll have another person waiting for their "plastic"...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

I'm really enjoying the continuing dialogue between our logical friends and the illogical anti's.

Way to go Andy, c-dub, JJVP, et.al.

b322da

Post by b322da »

I have not read a single story about a college student with a CHL committing suicide with a handgun. ;-)

Elmo

macavity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by macavity »

-removed by user-
Last edited by macavity on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”