Very inspiring

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Very inspiring

Post by baldeagle »

[youtube][/youtube]
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Very inspiring

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

That's great!

Chas.

wally775

Post by wally775 »

Excellent. :thumbs2:

Thanks for posting. :patriot:

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

Beautiful
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I remember in high school, I was on a summer long paleontology trip for students, and we drove to important paleontological sites all over the country and participated in digs, collecting specimens for our campus museum. At some point along the road, I'm not sure if it was in perhaps Montana or Wyoming, these incredible birds were everywhere in the trees as we drove into an old mining town with a river gorge running through it. I had never seen a bald eagle in real life until then; only in photographs. I remember being amazed at how awesome these birds were.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cougartex

Post by cougartex »

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Cougars are shy, reclusive, and downright mysterious... :txflag:

elwood blooz

Post by elwood blooz »

:patriot:

Beautiful

jacobsd8195

Post by jacobsd8195 »

Excellent video. FYI, the program Nature on PBS aired a program last night called "American Eagle." You can watch it online at http://video.pbs.org/video/1069726516/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

If you want to test your toughness, visit the Raptor Center in Sitka, AK on your next cruise. Those up close and grounded magnificent national symbols and other raptors brought tears to my eyes.

But hey, everybody knows what a big wuss I am.

2up1down

Post by 2up1down »

Thank you for sharing Sir. :patriot:
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

Bueno!
I would like to share this:

About a year ago, our son had a house built in a subdivision called "Eagles Nest" at the 9,000 ft elevation in Colorado on the western slope of the great divide. About 60 feet from the main entrance of the subdivision is an abandoned light pole with no wires attached, atop which is a birdnest approx 4 feet long supported by wooden crossbars on both sides of the post. One day while driving in we saw a couple of birds with white heads. On another day, there were 3, and then 4, with the birds' bodies showing more and moving. At first, I assumed that the Golf Club, of which we are not members, built the nest due to the name of the place, and that the movements were a Disney-like setup. Then, I started seeing people with cameras and tripods sitting around for hours and realized finally that the developer named the subdivision Eagles Nest because that nest was there 13 years or so ago when the house building started. Now, I look up quickly every time I drive through, as I suppose does everyone else, hoping to see one fly in or out of the nest.
TX CHL 1997

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

There is a nest of Bald Eagles very near the golf course I hold a membership at in Baytown, of all places, called Evergreen Point. The nest is in the top of a tall pine tree across the street from the #7 hole. People park along the street and set up with their huge cameras and tripods to take pics of them. There have been a couple of occasions where they were flying through the golf course. One of them landed about 100 yards up ahead of my in the fairway, sat there for a minute, and then took off again. They are absolutely beautiful birds, and even the smaller ones down south this way, are huge. I keep meaning to bring my camera with me to the course so I can snap a couple of pictures if the opportunity presents itself, but I can never remember.

Return to “Off-Topic”