Best Tactical Movie

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
idrathernot
Posts in topic: 2

Best Tactical Movie

Post by idrathernot »

Lately, all the action movies I've seen just kill me with the utter disregard for firearm reality. I just can't take it seriously when the actor has no idea what a front-sight is, or when somebody goes flying back 15 feet after being shot and busts through a wall. I'm really trying to find a movie or documentary that showcases some real "operator" tactics. Am I going to have to wait (and most likely be disappointed) for the Lone Survivor movie?

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best Tactical Movie

Post by Barbi Q »

Have you seen Heat?
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

I'll second Heat. The bounding overwatch used in the street gun battle was pretty good.

psijac

Post by psijac »

John Woo was the director that began making people fly off their feet when being shot

Way of the gun was pretty interesting in the final gun battle.
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Die Hard!

My wifes favorite Christmas Movie along with White Christmas. Yeah, yeah, I know. She's complicated.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cbr600

Post by cbr600 »

deleted
Last edited by cbr600 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bartkatz

Post by bartkatz »

The 1972 classic, "The Getaway". Starring Steve McQueen, Ali Mcgraw, and Sally Struthers (yes, Archie Bunker's little Gloria, but playing a much different sort of young "lady").

Using a bone stock High Standard pump action 12 gauge and a pocket full of shells, McQueen shows us how to do it with style.

Available on YouTube. Also listed under "best shotgun scenes".

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

My favorite stupid gun trick in the movies is the guy (bad or good) who enters a building knowing that danger is lurking and racks his slide. Seriously? You're not going to have one in the pipe before you enter? Give me a break! Most recent one was the George C. Scott movie CIA: Exiled, where a bad guy enters an abandoned house knowing that danger lurks and racks his slide after going through a few rooms with gun drawn like he's prepared to fire at any second.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Topic author
idrathernot

Post by idrathernot »

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

My movie library is pretty expansive, something like 300 titles and since I'm young, single, and have no children... They're more or less all "man" movies.

Heat is a brilliant movie, definitely some great shooting going on. I was really hoping "The Town" would be as good, big let down there.
Shooter is one of my favorites, something about those guys getting taken in the boathouse that is just great. I should probably read the novel.
I also thought Blood Diamond was really good with the PMC role DiCaprio played.
Way of the Gun was a good watch.

I've seen:
Anything related to Eastwood.
Most of DeNiros
Good amount of Pachinos
All Tarantinos
Any "good" Western movie
All the big military stuff (Saving Pvt. Ryan, Band of Brothers, Pacific, Generation Kill, We Were Soldiers, etc, etc)
Taken was excellent.
Love the Bournes.

I suppose I'm looking for more in the documentary vein. It doesn't have to be about Americans either. Spetsnaz related stuff would be very interesting.

atxtj

Post by atxtj »

If your looking for Soviet stuff see if you can find a copy of 9 Rota. It's a russian film about one of the last combat tours in Afghanistan. The subtitles aren't a great translation, but it has some really great equipment and battle scenes.

thr_wedge

Post by thr_wedge »

bartkatz wrote:The 1972 classic, "The Getaway". Starring Steve McQueen, Ali Mcgraw, and Sally Struthers (yes, Archie Bunker's little Gloria, but playing a much different sort of young "lady").

Using a bone stock High Standard pump action 12 gauge and a pocket full of shells, McQueen shows us how to do it with style.

Available on YouTube. Also listed under "best shotgun scenes".
+1

For another great Steve McQueen with some great gunfights check out The Magnificent Seven which also has a great score and the greatest tough/macho guys Hollywood has ever known.
NRA member
TSRA member

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Although I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, the gun handling in "Collateral" was outstanding. He actually did a reload during a firefight. :smile:

And don't forget everyone's favorite, "Yo Hommie, that my briefcase?" :coolgleamA:

WARNING - R-Rated Movie Clip - Language and Violence
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This video talks about his firearms training:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ryan

jamisjockey

Post by jamisjockey »

Hands down, Way of The Gun. The final scene is great, watching them fight to the very end though being mortally wounded.

Return to “Off-Topic”