are ankle holsters comfortable?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LarryH
Posts in topic: 1

Re: are ankle holsters comfortable?

Post by LarryH »

austinrealtor wrote:
karl wrote:I've never used an ankle holster but it seems it would be appropriate to counter the weight of your BUG with a similar weight on the other ankle.
BUG on left
BBUG on right?
Hmmmm . . . wouldn't that be BUBUG?

JacksBack

Post by JacksBack »

I carry a glock 26 on my weak side inner ankle 6 days a week while working. I haven't found many other options with my work uniform. I caddy it around in a Fobus GL26a

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

gigag04 wrote:Ankle carry is better in boots.
:iagree:

I have a cheap ankle holster for my P3AT, and a nicer DeSantis rig for my J frame. Both are very comfortable in any shoes, although I did have to play around a bit with the calf strap, positioning, etc. It's better for me if I pull my sock over the holster as that helps to keep it in place. Note that both of these are light guns. I can carry these all day and forget that they are there (at least for the P3AT, the J frame is an Airweight, but I still usually feel it).

I just bought my first ever pair of boots, and have found that they are great in keeping the holster completely inside the boot. Makes it a bit tougher to get to the gun cleanly, but not too bad. The nice thing is that the boot holds the holster making it more comfortable, and this also completely eliminates any issues with printing / bulging.

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

gigag04 wrote:Ankle carry is better in boots.
:iagree:
I never thought about wearing it UNDER the socks ... that could be why I never adapted to it.
I wore boots at the law office and ankle carried a few times.
I never really got used to it, but did use the ankle holster on an upper arm a couple times.
In plain shoes my ankles kept clapping together and my opposite ankle gets skinned up.
I sent all my ankle holsters to txSCCC last week for the empty holster protest on campus since I wear flip-flops now .... retirement is great :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”