Defensive & Concealed Guns Inc.
2890 W Sam Houston Pkwy S Ste A15
Houston, TX 77042
(713) 984-8673
(713) 429-1218 (Fax)
email:sales@defconguns.com
Transfer fee: $30.00
Class III transfer fee: $100.00

*** If you have more than 45 posts on the forum, PM us and receive $10 off your transfer ***

The information we need:
*Your full name
*Firearm Model
*Your telephone number
*auction or order number
*Telephone & Fax number.

Thanks.
Last edited by Jrangel on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack." - Yoda

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 2

Re: FFL West Houston

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I used Defensive and Concealed guns for my latest transfer and was very happy with them.

I received the shipping notification from UPS today and just showed up at the shop a short time later. They were going to call me, but I couldn't wait. Jaime welcomed me to the store with a handshake before I even introduced myself. He said that he just needed a few minutes to finish up the paperwork on my transfer. Super easy.

I spent a few minutes chatting with John who also works there and is an NRA instructor.

They just opened up, so they don't have much inventory, but I would recommend contacting them for pricing on something before you order from somewhere else. They are located at Memorial and Tully (just east of Dairy Ashford). This is a great location for me.

This shop was very professional and a good group of guys to chat with. :txflag: :txflag:
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

TxA

Post by TxA »

Lumberjack98 wrote:I used Defensive and Concealed guns for my latest transfer and was very happy with them.
:iagree:

Just used D&C Guns for my transfer today and they were great. The staff was very helpful, quick, and business like. I even received the TX CHL Forum discount so my transfer totaled $20.00. Hard to find that price around Houston! I highly recommend them for your transfer or you might even try them for you next gun purchase! Talk to Jamie, he's a pleasure to work with! :thumbs2:
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasmusic »

Got my lowers transferred here last week. Great group of guys.

My first order fell through as they became out of stock. I emailed them the info for the new company I put an order with and they sent out another FFL no problem. Smooth deal, thanks guys for helping me out on the transfer. Beats some places where people start acting like you're some kind of nuisance when you try to get them to work around a few things!

Will go back there for my next transfer.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

MarcP1

Post by MarcP1 »

+1 for Defensive & Concealed Guns. After finding a good price at an internet retailer, I was planning to ask Defensive & Concealed Guns for help with the incoming transfer. Jaime said he could help and also asked me about the item I was planning to buy online.

To make a long story short, Jaime offered me a very fair deal and I ended up making the purchase from Defensive & Concealed Guns, instead of from the online retailer. I’m much happier doing business with a local gun shop than buying from a big online shop and I’ll definitely be going back to Defensive & Concealed Guns in the future. (Like Lumberjack98 suggested, I also would recommend contacting Defensive & Concealed Guns for pricing on your next firearm-related purchase.)

tateb24

Post by tateb24 »

Def Con Guns helped me with a GB Auction transfer, the transaction went smoothly and was extremely fast. You can't beat 20.00 for a gun transfer with CHL in Houston at that price. Store is conveiently located and Jaime is very polite and professional. I will be doing more business at this location. Thanks Def Con
CHL Class taken: 02/15/09
Plastic in Hand: 07/29/09
Swamphouse Woodworks
Harris County

rusty86

Post by rusty86 »

Another very happy customer of an FFL transfer at Defensive & Concealed Guns. Mention this forum and they do it for $20, which is the best I have seen in Houston. Also, they couldn't be nicer and make it a very speedy process.

They are located near Memorial & Dairy Ashford, which isn't the most convenient location for me, but I will gladly drive the 20-25 minutes to use them again the next time I need a FFL dealer.

Also, glanced around at their inventory while I was there and the prices seem very reasonable. I will be keeping them in mind the next time I am in the market.

USA1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by USA1 »

rusty86 wrote:Another very happy customer of an FFL transfer at Defensive & Concealed Guns. Mention this forum and they do it for $20, which is the best I have seen in Houston. Also, they couldn't be nicer and make it a very speedy process.

They are located near Memorial & Dairy Ashford, which isn't the most convenient location for me, but I will gladly drive the 20-25 minutes to use them again the next time I need a FFL dealer.

Also, glanced around at their inventory while I was there and the prices seem very reasonable. I will be keeping them in mind the next time I am in the market.
Thanks for the kind words, rusty86. :tiphat:

I wasn't in yet when you came by this morning but it sounds like Jaime took very good care of you. ;-)
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

gqycougar

Post by gqycougar »

Got my new hunting rifle and shotgun before Thanksgiving, very smooth transactions!
Will do business with you again!

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Lumberjack98 wrote:This shop was very professional and a good group of guys to chat with. :txflag: :txflag:
^ Exactly how I'd describe my experience at Defensive & Concealed Guns. I got the shipment notification from USPS today and shortly after that I received a call from Jaime that my rifle was in. Gave them my DL and CHL, the paperwork (electronic 4473) was a breeze, they had me on my way in no time. I hung around and chatted for about 30 minutes and liked the guys so much I decided to come back a couple hours later to buy a P238 for my wife for Christmas.

After dealing with some of the gun salesmen at larger chain stores, as well as some of the "gun snobs" I've run into at other local shops, it was refreshing to find a gun shop run by guys who will go the extra mile for their customers. Y'all have just earned yourself another repeat customer, I can guarantee my next gun purchase will be at Defensive & Concealed Guns :thumbs2:

USA1

Post by USA1 »

rmr1923, it was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for the kind review. We here at Defensive & Concealed Guns strive very hard to provide exemplary service to each and every one of our clients, whether it's a simple transfer or a complete gun buying experience.

Jaime and I look forward to serving you again in the future.

egonpax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by egonpax »

First, I would just like to say the guys my wife and I met here when just stopping by to check out the shop were really nice and helpful. We came by twice and both times were pleasant experiences and not full of snobbery found in other stores. They didn't have what we were looking for and neither did their suppliers.

Second, do you accept transfers from a non-FFL?

USA1

Post by USA1 »

egonpax wrote:
Second, do you accept transfers from a non-FFL?
Yes we do. All we need from the sender is a legible color copy of their Drivers license or ID. They may either send it with the firearm or email it to us.

egonpax
Posts in topic: 3

Post by egonpax »

Back to leave some feedback.

Personally, I've never done a FFL transfer and it went smoothly and like others have said $20 (with the forum discount) is a good price in the metro Houston area.

Jaime and Maurice are incredibly good guys, extremely helpful, completely honest, and just a pleasure to deal with. There was ZERO gun snobbery here, unlike some other stores I've visited. They even stayed an extra 30 minutes after closing to help me with the transfer. My wife and I chatted with them for at 45 minutes of that. They had no problems allowing us to check out their collection of firearms and just shooting the breeze. I can't wait until their range is complete, which will hopefully host some sort of action shooting club.

I like supporting the locally owned, independent, mom-and-pop stores and restaurants, which I think everyone should try to do, so this place is definitely on my list for return business. In fact I'm canceling a parts order online, since it's backordered, and just picking up the parts from them since they have them in stock. Also, I have another FFL transfer coming in soon, SHHH don't tell the wife just yet... I don't think she'll like the idea of me picking up another handgun so soon. I just have to tell her I got an excellent deal and let her shoot it whenever she wants and that'll hopefully be the end of that.

I'm definitely recommending them to all my friends and my brother who wants to get his CHL.

Sunny45
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Sunny45 »

I just ordered a blued Taurus OSS .45 from Bud's and used your FFL for the transfer. I also sent you an email about it early this morning. Image

Return to “FFL Holders”