Reciprocity Map

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Snap E Tom
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reciprocity Map

Post by Snap E Tom »

It might also be useful to note on there the states that we do not share reciprocity, but offer non-residdent CCW's. Washington and Oregon come to mind.

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jumping Frog »

chamberc wrote:Ditto that... I really want reciprocity with Ohio and don't understand why we don't have it.
Texas requires other states to perform an FBI criminal background check (NICS) as part of issuing a license for Texas to recognize that state's license.

Ohio performs an Ohio BCI (state-level) background check for applicants who have lived in Ohio for more than 5 years, and only requires an FBI check if the person has lived out of state within the last 5 years. So Texas won't recognize Ohio.

Ohio's law requires a reciprocity agreement instead of unilateral recognition. So basically< Ohio says if Texas won't recognize Ohio, then Ohio won't recognize Texas.

It is stupid.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Keith B
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Keith B »

superchief wrote:Is there a web site that maintains a map (like above) in a power point or jpg format?
That map is a .jpg file. If you are running windows you can save it to your computer by right-clicking the map and choosing the 'Save Picture As' option. I would suggest you ask permission of the OP to use this for anything other than personal use though (like for use in a CHL class presentation.)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

go to http://www.handgunlaw.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the map there is interactive as well.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

dicion

Post by dicion »

Might want to add Nevada with an Arizona Non-resident permit

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boba

Post by boba »

dicion wrote:Might want to add Nevada with an Arizona Non-resident permit

How about adding Nevada with a Nevada non-resident permit.

http://www.washoesheriff.com/CCWAPPLICATIONS.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
AggieMM
Posts in topic: 44

Post by AggieMM »

dicion wrote:Might want to add Nevada with an Arizona Non-resident permit

Reading the site, with an non-resident Arizona CCW, looks like you gain NV, OH, and WV over the Texas reciprocity agreements. Is that correct? I will look into updating the image.

Ryan

texastactical

Post by texastactical »

Great Job Ryan!!!
Michael "Iron Mike" Webb
Texas Tactical

Topic author
AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Thanks Mike.

Ryan

PracticalTactical

Post by PracticalTactical »

Quick map correction needed:

Arizona has an age 21 requirement. They'll take the TX permit (and all others, plus they have constitutional carry), but AZ law stipulates that nobody under age 21 can carry concealed (but they can open carry), even if they have a permit from another state.

Other Suggestions:
You might also add Arizona to the map as a good additional permit. All they require is a copy of a TX CHL, fingerprints and $60 fee. You get it back in 7-10 days. Above what you get with a Texas CHL, it adds Nevada, West Virginia and Ohio. It's popular now because it's a good way to carry in Vegas LOL.

You might also want to add a bubble to states that require a resident CHL (so people with non-resident Texas license don't think you can carry there). This includes Colorado, Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Keith B wrote:
superchief wrote:Is there a web site that maintains a map (like above) in a power point or jpg format?
That map is a .jpg file. If you are running windows you can save it to your computer by right-clicking the map and choosing the 'Save Picture As' option. I would suggest you ask permission of the OP to use this for anything other than personal use though (like for use in a CHL class presentation.)
Keith is right; please get Ryan's permission to use it. At least one other Texas website is using it and erroneously gives handgunlaw.us credit for it! That's rather disappointing since the map has Ryan's copyright information and URL. :nono:

Chas.

Topic author
AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

PracticalTactical - Thanks for the information. I fixed the 21+ on AZ, and added Arizona to the Non-Res list. Been needing to do add AZ to the Non-res list for some time, so thanks for reminding me. :tiphat:

Charles - Bummer about people stealing our work. The people on this forum work very hard to help me keep the information up-to-date..... :mad5

Ryan

USMC-COL
Posts in topic: 6

Post by USMC-COL »

For Info: As of Nov 1, 2011, we can start carrying in Wisconsin. Wisconsin's new law takes effect Nov 1 and it will have reciprocity with 25 states (including Texas).
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

Topic author
AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

It looks like it is one-way for now, as Texas doesn't recognize Wisconsin yet, but I assume our AG will fix that at some point.

I have the map ready, just waiting for Nov 1 to push the update. :cool:

Ryan

Return to “Other States”