Who's got Gen 4's?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
texasmusic
Posts in topic: 3

Who's got Gen 4's?

Post by texasmusic »

Picked up a Gen 4 19 the other day. Handles better than the old 23 I traded in to get it, mag release and grip size are definite improvements.

Anyways, had some erratic ejection problems with it so it's going to head back to Georgia. They say there's a more recent ejector that was released last month or so to fix the problems people were having. I had 1 stovepipe within the 3rd box of ammo, had brass to the right and left of me and often would hit me right in the forehead.

What are yalls experience with the new Glocks?
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

texanron
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who's got Gen 4's?

Post by texanron »

I have a Gen 4 Glock 26 and have not had a single issue with it.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

Just bought a Gen 4 19 last week but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Feels nice though.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

40khammer

Post by 40khammer »

I have a Gen4 G22. Put about 500 rounds through it so far with no problems at all. Not so much as a hiccup.

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

My G23 Gen4 hasn't had a single failure, and I've put a LOT of rounds through it.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

jchamb

Post by jchamb »

I have a gen 4 Glock 26. No problems at all, and I really like it.
Carry guns (only 1 at a time!)
Glock 26
Glock 19
S&W Bodyguard 380
S&W Chief Special
Colt Detective Special
Ruger SP101
NRA Life member

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

I'm lovin my 17 Gen 4. It has 600-700 rounds and absoulutely 0 problems!!!
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

NONE of those issues with my Gen 1 1911. :smilelol5:

:leaving
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Had a Gen4 Model 19, very first shot out of the box failed to cycle completely. When it did eject brass it literally dropped them on my right foot. So I Called the boys in Georgia up and they sent me a new recoil spring assembly, which cured that issue. Then I discovered feed issues, turns out that was an extractor issue but a local Glock armorer was aware of that and put the revised extractor in. It seemed to work fine except no two pieces of brass were ejected to the same place and I would see occasional stove pipes. The Glock armorer said that was common and another revised version of the revised extractor was due out soon that should solve that. Which it did, when it came in. Then I noticed brass filings in the gun, talked to the armorer who said he saw that alot with the Gen4s and it was caused by an unfinished edge on the feed ramp and he fixed it. After 200 rounds I saw no more problems and sold the gun with disclosure of its history. While I owned the thing the only common Glock malfunctions I didn't experience were Kabooms and Phase 3 failures. So I guess you can tell I am a former Gen4 owner since I want/need something that is actually reliable.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

The Annoyed Man wrote:NONE of those issues with my Gen 1 1911. :smilelol5:
Except for the fact that it goes *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *click*

That's at least half as many as a real gun should :evil2:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

OldCannon wrote:
Except for the fact that it goes *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *click*

Where does the click come from? Every 1911 I have locks the slide back on the last round, unlike a Glock I used to own (before a new recoil spring came in)
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

G.A. Heath wrote:
OldCannon wrote:

Where does the click come from? Every 1911 I have locks the slide back on the last round, unlike a Glock I used to own (before a new recoil spring came in)
"rlol"

Sorry guys....I really didn't mean to derail the conversation. I just saw an opportunity for some friendly banter. Looks like it worked. :evil2:

Carry on.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

There are a lot of issues with the Gen 4 Glocks reported on some LE sites. One department dumped thier Gen 4s and went to M&P. Glock's reputation is becoming tarnished from the introduction of a new less than perfect series of guns.

Oh yes my M&P goes Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!, reload Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!,Bang!, reload . . . :thumbs2: :evil2:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

I went into the gen 4 knowing about the issues so it wasn't a surprise to me. I think it's pretty likely that they will get it sorted out eventually. They really can't afford to lose the only marketing claim they have. They are paying the shipping both ways so at least they picked up some CS sense during this recall.

My boring old 66 still runs, it goes boom! every time. such a boring gun come to think of it ;-) , the little plastic wunderwaffe is just too easy to carry and shoot.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

jchamb wrote:I have a gen 4 Glock 26. No problems at all, and I really like it.
I don't think the Gen4 subcompacts have had the same issues the bigger guns have had. One of the major mechanical changes from Gen3 to Gen4 was switching to a telescoping guide rod, but the subcompacts have always had those.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”