Black-Friday Bummer..

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
snatchel
Posts in topic: 3

Black-Friday Bummer..

Post by snatchel »

So my wife and cousin enlisted me to go black Friday shopping with them. I was hesitant, but my wife pointed out that she did NOT want to be out in the parking lots of BestBuy/Target/etc. in the wee hours of the night without me. After considering her remark, I agree that tonight the retail shopping parking lots will be a little more dangrous than usual. I'll be out shopping after midnight tonight I suppose.. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Maybe I can swing by Academy and pick up something nice for myself while we are out.

So.. what to carry? I'm thinking Miss G30 will be joining me on the hip, and Miss Bodyguard in my pocket :)
No More Signature

glbedd53

Re: Black-Friday Bummer..

Post by glbedd53 »

You sound like one of those people Barak warned us about. All that clingin and stuff.

Topic author
snatchel

Post by snatchel »

glbedd53 wrote:You sound like one of those people Barak warned us about. All that clingin and stuff.

:confused5 I dont get it.. LoL.
No More Signature

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

The PO lice are right there watching over you. You're just being silly.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

snatchel wrote:So my wife and cousin enlisted me to go black Friday shopping with them. I was hesitant, but my wife pointed out that she did NOT want to be out in the parking lots of BestBuy/Target/etc. in the wee hours of the night without me. After considering her remark, I agree that tonight the retail shopping parking lots will be a little more dangrous than usual. I'll be out shopping after midnight tonight I suppose.. Anyone else in the same boat as me? Maybe I can swing by Academy and pick up something nice for myself while we are out.

So.. what to carry? I'm thinking Miss G30 will be joining me on the hip, and Miss Bodyguard in my pocket :)
Your wife and cousin don't have guns?

papajohn1964

Post by papajohn1964 »

The only place I am going is Cabelas at 5:00.
Yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....The Mens Department....
CHL since 7/11/11

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

snatchel wrote:
glbedd53 wrote:You sound like one of those people Barak warned us about. All that clingin and stuff.

Our President feels that people like us are bible thumping simpletons. We cling to our bibles and to our guns beecause we is the underedumacated igknowramuses. It is the only possible explanation as to why we would want to own a gun. Of course, if I was surrounded by Secret Service, or other protecton agents, 24/7, then maybe I would not understand it either. Many of these big shots who are virulently anti-gun tend to employ those individuals who carry guns to protect their sweet selves.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

glbedd53

Post by glbedd53 »

Yeah, like Rosie.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Yeah, tell Rosie that she may, in the future, only employ pool-boys who are armed with towels to administer a good hiney-whack to people who are up to no good. Tell her that none of her highly-trained protection detail can be armed, and she will laugh you out of the building. Make it a law and she will be one of the "celeb" witnesses that testifies in congress about how her precious rights are being taken away from her.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Topic author
snatchel

Post by snatchel »

LoL. Thank y'all for clearing that up for me... entertaining.

Olgringo- my wife and cousin both do have guns, but neither have a CHL. Can't speak for the cousin, but my wife just isn't too confident with a handgun to carry one yet. She needs to spend more time out on the range with me, and she is a fantastic shot.. she just isn't confident. Unfortunately, she is a biochemistry major and it seems like all of her spare time is spent studying. One of these days she will be carrying though, I got her a nice pink LadySmith for when she is ready.

For the record.. we made the Target run tonight, then called it. I'm done.. tired, grumpy. I bought an Xbox that I dont need, but it was the last one so I figured I would grab it. I will probably end up selling it and using the money for my AR build.
No More Signature

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

I am going to Home Depot as soon as I finish my breakfast, but not to shop.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

One shot during robbery attempt outside Walmart - 1:45 a.m.
Posted: 11/25/2011 05:26:02 AM PST
Updated: 11/25/2011 05:26:03 AM PST
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_1941 ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shopper shot after Black Friday robbery attempt
http://www.heraldonline.com/2011/11/25/ ... riday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black Friday Violence In Fayetteville, Kinston And Myrtle Beach
http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/20 ... rtle-Beach" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Violence mars holiday shopping
http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/25/news/ec ... ence.cnnw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Violence marred Black Friday shopping in at least four states

robbers struck a man on the head and a shot a woman before another shopper displayed a gun and the assailants fled ...
Black Friday Shootout: 55-Year-Old Woman Gets Shot, Returns Fire With Her Own Pistol
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/black-f ... wn-pistol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

v-rog

Post by v-rog »

Can you provide the source of your statement concerning the president? Thanks.

johnson0317 wrote:
snatchel wrote:

Our President feels that people like us are bible thumping simpletons. We cling to our bibles and to our guns beecause we is the underedumacated igknowramuses. It is the only possible explanation as to why we would want to own a gun. Of course, if I was surrounded by Secret Service, or other protecton agents, 24/7, then maybe I would not understand it either. Many of these big shots who are virulently anti-gun tend to employ those individuals who carry guns to protect their sweet selves.

RJ
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

v-rog wrote:Can you provide the source of your statement concerning the president? Thanks.
Try here. Lots of other sources available with a search.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." Barack Obama, 12/20/2007

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

jimlongley wrote:I am going to Home Depot as soon as I finish my breakfast, but not to shop.

Just for fun like my hero Hank Hill and myself?
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”