Kingwood Medical Center

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rmr1923
Posts in topic: 6

Kingwood Medical Center

Post by rmr1923 »

Went in the back entrance (entrance "C") of Kingwood Medical Center yesterday and ran into this sign:

I also added this to the thread at the top of this page, as well as texas3006.com (with picture attached). Anyone in the Kingwood area know if there are similar signs (or even correct 30.06 signs) at other entrances of the hospital?

I apologize if this is a duplicate post or if this is in the wrong place.

stroguy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Kingwood Medical Center

Post by stroguy »

So you finished your cigarette up and went inside?

Topic author
rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

lol... i don't smoke, but i did go inside. just found it amusing as that's the first blatantly invalid sign i've run across in a while.

funny thing is, you can usually find at least a handful of hospital employees smoking about 25 1/2 feet from those doors...

stroguy

Post by stroguy »

Also from my quick googling 4413 29cc pertains to polygraphing licensing. Somebody must have let their grade school child do the research on this sign.

stroguy

Post by stroguy »

rmr1923 wrote:lol... i don't smoke, but i did go inside. just found it amusing as that's the first blatantly invalid sign i've run across in a while.

funny thing is, you can usually find at least a handful of hospital employees smoking about 25 1/2 feet from those doors...
To push the issue could they smoke 251/2 feet away from that sign inside?

Topic author
rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

stroguy wrote:Also from my quick googling 4413 29cc pertains to polygraphing licensing. Somebody must have let their grade school child do the research on this sign.
:rolll true, i didn't even bother to look that up but you're 100% correct there.

a nurse gave me a little wink after i took that picture.. i imagine she's probably a CHL holder herself, or otherwise knows the sign is invalid and figured that's why i was taking the pic.

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MasterOfNone »

rmr1923 wrote:a nurse gave me a little wink after i took that picture.. i imagine she's probably a CHL holder herself, or otherwise knows the sign is invalid and figured that's why i was taking the pic.
Give yourself some credit. Maybe it had nothing to do with the sign.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Topic author
rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

MasterOfNone wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:a nurse gave me a little wink after i took that picture.. i imagine she's probably a CHL holder herself, or otherwise knows the sign is invalid and figured that's why i was taking the pic.
you're probably right.. i bet it was the shirt

Shinesintx

Post by Shinesintx »

rmr1923 wrote:
MasterOfNone wrote:

Dangit...now I gotta find the write up about the guy wearing that shirt to Wal Mart. :mrgreen:

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The old version of the code refferenced 4413 (29ee). Whoever did the original sign needed glasses if the e's looked like c's. Bottom line, no longer valid, even if it was the right code.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

mikeloc

Post by mikeloc »

I agree that the sign to keep you from carrying in the hospital is the 30.06 sign. But don't the hospitals have to post a sign under GC411.04?

GC §411.204. NOTICE REQUIRED ON CERTAIN PREMISES.
(a) A business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, and that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code, shall
prominently display at each entrance to the business premises a sign that complies with the requirements of Subsection (c).
(b) A hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or a nursing home licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, shall prominently display at each entrance to the hospital or nursing home, as appropriate, a sign that complies with the requirements of Subsection (c) other than the requirement that the sign include on its face the number “51”.
(c) The sign required under Subsections (a) and (b) must give notice in both English and Spanish that it is unlawful for a person licensed under this subchapter to carry a handgun on the premises. The sign must appear in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height and must include on its face the number “51” printed in solid red at least five inches in height. The sign shall be displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
(d) A business that has a permit or license issued under the Alcoholic Beverage Code and that is not required to display a sign under this section may be required to display a sign under Section 11.041 or 61.11, Alcoholic Beverage Code.
(e) This section does not apply to a business that has a food and beverage certificate issued under the Alcoholic Beverage Code.

Topic author
rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

^ that's interesting, i hadn't come across that. it doesn't really outline any specific wording, but it does mention that it has to be placed at each entrance and be displayed in English and Spanish. i can tell you that, unless something has changed since my previous visit a few months ago (i went in a different entrance), they don't have a similar sign at each entrance to the hospital.

Topic author
rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

Shinesintx wrote:
rmr1923 wrote:
MasterOfNone wrote:

Dangit...now I gotta find the write up about the guy wearing that shirt to Wal Mart. :mrgreen:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2XKMDXZHQ ... MDXZHQ26YX

:lol: ^ good stuff right there

zigzag

Post by zigzag »

My wife worked there eight yrs ago before the upgrades they have now. The security guard was only one to patrol the whole lot at night and they had several breakins of employee cars. One agency nurse even had hers driven to some remote location and abandoned with no more wheels. Amazing how these criminals can do.

Medic624

Post by Medic624 »

MasterOfNone wrote:
WHOA WHOA WHOA... Maybe the NURSE was a guy and winked as a knowing wink as the OP stated :lol:

I am no longer a Paramedic but now work as a ICU RN... Man, talk about sexist... :lol:

(Side Note:) when I was going through RN school my daughter was 4-5 y/o and she LOVED me being a Paramedic so when she heard I was going to be a RN she said, "A NURSE?!?!?....Dad, that a girls job!!!" ha ha ha
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”